“Lunch”
Review of Gordon Hotel

Gordon Hotel
Ranked #22 of 42 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Thought we were having a nice family lunch during our holiday. The Quiche of the day was dry, and over cooked. Chips well over done, too crispy. Seemed like the salad came from a bag.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We dropped in for lunch and felt like we caught the staff napping. The meals were slow coming and we were very disappointed with the quality of the food. I had lambs fry, one of my favourites that I find it hard to resist on a menu. Unfortunately only the bacon was well presented. Lambs fry, over cooked/dry; gravy, sweet/spicy; mashed potatoes, dry; carrots, over cooked; broccolini, stone cold. The quantity was good and appeared good value when served but oh what a disappointment.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

After having a bad experience for lunch elsewhere, we decided to try The Gordon. Well, for $12.50 Sunday lunch, we were very impressed. I ordered the fish and my partner had the roast. They were both sensational. My fish was cooked perfectly and came with chips and a really decent salad with homemade Mayo. I really enjoyed this. The roast was Pork and came with beautifully cooked roast potatoes, carrots, pumpkin & brocollini. My partner really enjoyed this and I've decided I will try this next week. The waiting staff were fabulous, very friendly and courteous. We did not have to wait long for our meal and it was thoroughly enjoyable. We will definately be returning regularly.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

The meals were so good we went two nights in a row. Plenty to choose from and great for kids. We waitress was lovely with our grandchildren. The meals were very good and the kids meals were the right size and price.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Seemed to be the only place not booked out for a meal. The food at best is average, beer is cold and service staff pleasant. But it is a pokies pub. Pricing was not cheap for the quality of food.