“Great night out - Tapas generous ”

The Dock Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 191 Restaurants in Hervey Bay
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Four of us (2couples) staff very accommodating moved tables 4 times finally got one outside with a great view of the harbour. What can I say about the food ? Delicious.. best Tapas!!! $10 a plate .. we ordered kilpatrick and mornay scallops 3 to a plate they were juicy and cooked to perfection best I’ve had!! Oysters mornay and kilpatrick 4 to a plate again great! Lamb wraps 2 to a plate we cut them in 1/2 very tasty, bruschetta 2 to a plate but generous .. beef skewers 2 to a plate ... arichini balls delicious, rocket pear salad yummy ... can’t remember what else we ordered as the champagne was flowing the staff were always there! We didn’t have to wait long for the food when we ordered... loved it !!!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Whilst many rave about this place I am sorry but our experience was not good. At $10 per plate many plates are no doubt good value but others are not. We went with a group and there were several dodgy meals served. The Pickled Octopus salad was a fail with so much vinager it was not edible. Whilst they replaced one of the 2 identical meals the other was ignored. I had the beef skewers and the first 2 were not bad at all so I ordered 2 more, after a 30 minute wait and several questions to staff they arrived half cooked. The meat was "blue" and the onions/capsicum were raw and crunchy, a fail in my books. Looking around this restaurant the average age would have been in the 20's to early 30's so our mob in the 50's to 60's bracket just did not fit in :( Maybe if staff tried a bit more it would have been better, maybe just an off night???

1  Thank Pete and Lek E
Reviewed 9 February 2018

I had an amazing time, having some tapas and a sparkling wine! Was amazing! Very good price for the quality of the food! Totally recommend!

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We went here for a date night. Was awful weather but they moved us inside. Restaurant was packed but we didn't wait long for service. One dish was missed but promptly brought out when they realised. Food was good. The ham wasn't what I expected. But the Kilpatrick scallops were amazing. The duck and lamb were good too.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Great menu, lovely food and served quickly, incredible service staff. Best service yet in Hervey Bay with an incredibly wide and delicious menu. Try the ice cream sandwich with pine nuts, unbelievable. Thanks everyone, we will be back.