All reviews kitchen facilities sea front short walk town centre microwave earthquake
Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

Well priced compated to the other motels in town.Friendly staff, the room had all we needed and was very clean and tidy. Bonus was the motel is straight across from the beach.
Took us 5-10 mins to walk into town

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 28 July 2015

Location good, but no proper sea view. Lady was incredibly nice and helpful on our arrival, nothing too much trouble , she even moved us to the room next door as our allocated room had an oudor. Wi-Fi Nightmare! But I was told 'Brad' could fix it. ! When I saw Brad the next day, (maybe because I interrupted his breakfast) I tried to explain what I tried and what I needed but he was so RUDE that I felt
Iike a naughty child ! Obviously he couldn't fix it and he told me it was my device!!!
I regret now not had asked for my bill and left there and then, no costumer service Brad!!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed for one night on our way up to Picton and this motel was perfect. It's location across from the beach and only a ten min walk down the Main Street to shops etc was convenient.
The rooms are compact and relatively dated but very clean and well presented. The bathroom, however was very dated but, once again, very clean and tidy.
The hosts were very nice and friendly and also very helpful.
This is a perfect place to stay for the budget conscious, for a quick getaway or stopover.

Date of stay: June 2015
1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed 1 June 2015

We were booked in for two nights. On the first night we discovered our unit did not lock securely. We informed the owner to be told "this is Kaikoura not Auckland so you will be fine". None of the units has a sea view. The bedroom area is very small and the bathroom and toilet had an awful smell unless you left the window open. The units look tired and could do with upgrading.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine M
Reviewed 18 April 2015 via mobile

Motel is set back off the seafront road and is a 10-15 minute walk into the town centre. The owner was very helpful. Free wifi was available but signal was very weak in room 8 - we needed to sit by the reception office to get a useable signal. Room was functional and clean.

Date of stay: February 2015