Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the kitchen hot tub double room communal areas home away from home hostel artifacts facilities russell supermarket utensils brewery
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

Was really happily surprised when we got here. Finally a clean nice hostel in New Zealand. We had a double room it was very cute with lots of quirky design features. Really liked it. Kitchen was clean and well kept. Bathrooms were awesome, very high standard. They offer a jacuzzi for 5$ which is really nice and private. WiFi was good and strong.
My only complaint is that our room, on the second floor was reaaaaaallly hot. There was no fan and keeping the window open at night let in mosquitoes. I wish they’d had a ceiling fan. Also the outdoors areas could have been nicer. A few sun chairs or lazy boy Saccos would have been nice. Now it was really run down lawn furniture and not enough for the people staying there. Still probably the best place to stay in Greymouth.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2019 via mobile

We LOVED the Global Village after staying three nights in a twin room (shared bath). Location is a little outside of town (easy 15-20 min walk), but close to bike trails, local pub, and large grocery store. More importantly we loved the character of the place - from the owners, to the decor, to the numerous amenities to enjoy. Kayaks, bikes, hot tub (small fee). The staff create a very respectful atmosphere and will do their best to make sure you have an enjoyable time. Our only regret is not staying longer!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2019

Global village is so cool and has everything for the traveller, clean beds and living areas, free kayak and bike hire, great outdoor space for fires and the whole place is decorated in the coolest style, you will instantly feel at home. The staff were also super friendly and helpful, I could have moved in!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at Global Village twice and both times has been very pleasant. I have never stayed during peak season, I imagine it would a little too busy to my taste. But off season is very quite and for someone who appreciate its sleep that’s always welcome.
Very clean and friendly staff.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Really lovely place. My friends and I loved the rooms, they were kinda sound proof which was great. The staff was really nice and welcoming. Washroom facilities are really neat. Highly recommended....!

Date of stay: October 2018