All reviews comfortable rooms good size room service one night stay oaks pillows wanganui motel
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Very good location. Reasonable rates. Clean almost retro rooms but so cute. Very friendly staff.
Restaurant with a great seafood buffet on Saturday night along with a carvery as well.
Also breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2018

We were on a one night stay on the way to Wellington and so weren’t able to sample the wider Wanganui area with its activities. This hotel would be a great place as a centre for such an investigation. It is located on the edge of town away from the main road and is a 20-25 minute walk to the centre of Wanganui so plan your excursions downtown for food etc with this in mind.

The reception staff are friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and pleasant and a good place to stay for a night.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Its a struggle to find a decent hotel with in room dining in whanganui. I arrived here and was dissappointed from the outside, she is rather tired. To my delighted surprise my room was lovely spacious very clean and nice light with a refurbished immaculate bathroom. The menu has a great selection I had eye fillet which was beautiful but was under cooked so I didnt eat the medium rare bits. I had room service as you do you when your on your own and away from home for work didnt take very long even though they were clearly very busy. Staff were informative and very helpful.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2018

This motel is in a residential area way from the main road where most of the motels / hotels are situated. It is secluded and quiet, except on the odd occasion when a train goes past and blows it whistle. Comfortable rooms and very friendly staff. The centre of town is just about within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Decided to stop here overnight because of the good reviews we read. We we're given a good price on a family room since it was just my hubby & I, few secs later the lady at reception had to change the price because apparently they were busy.
Room was ok but wouldn't rave about it & too overpriced we made a mistake by booking here. On the plus side, the food at the restaurant & wait staff absolutely amazing loved loved loved it. Def be back for the dining again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple