All reviews bit dated stayed here tv kitchenette motel
Reviewed 9 October 2017

It was the worst motel accommodation I have ever stayed in, I have travelled all around the world and this was the worst place I have ever stayed in. The towels were not replaced daily, therefore I had to reuse wet, dirty towels. I had to wash the dishes in the same sink I used to wash my hands after using the toilet, there was no sink in the room, only 1 sink in the bathroom. There was a shower over the bath, my daughter asked if we could have a room with no bath as unable to step over bath due to disability, I was told the only disability unit was booked for the weekend ( i stayed 3 nights and the disability unit was only used for 1 night to my knowledge). I asked to upgade but was told by the manager the motel was fully booked, yet one of the staff told me it was the quietest weekend they had had in a long time. There was no spa yet a spa was advertised on a billboard outside the motel. I am very disappointed in this motel as I had a friend with me from Australia and they were upset about the health hazards regarding having to clean dishes in a sink in the bathroom and the overall poor condition of the motel room, when i asked the manager about the over condition of the motel he said "I'm just trying to keep this place ticking over until its pulled down". I dont like to complain but I am very disappointed about my experience at this motel.

Room Tip: Very disappointing motel for what we paid.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KerryF969
Kimbell H, Owner at Midtown Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

From the moment you walked through the front door you did nothing but complain. To be quite frank it was a pleasure to see you go and make some other poor kiwi host life miserable.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Convenient location on Victoria Avenue Whanganui. Parking outside units. All usual facilities. Short drive or reasonable walking distance from restaurants. Off-road so no traffic noise. Free Wifi. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Furthest from the front overlooks a schoolfield so quiet at night.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Kimbell H, Manager at Midtown Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for your kind words.I must confess that we do get a lot of guests saying they overslept due to the lack of road noise they tend to experience at other accommodation facilities.
We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Kind regards,
KIm Herbert

Reviewed 30 January 2017

I had need of centrally located motel in Wanganui for an overnight stay. I elected this motel because of reasonable pricing and because it offered a range of accommodation options. For my overnight stay, I chose a 'budget' room and I was well satisfied. Although perhaps in need of an upgrade in furnishings - and a fresh coat of paint - the things that mattered far more were excellent: comfortable bed, clean, tidy - and a welcoming host.

Room Tip: All rooms are situated well off the street.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Hotel staff were lovely. The room was dated, however clean and serviced daily, which is nice. Rooms are spacious and have everything you need, however I could feel the springs in the bed. It didn't bother me enough to lose sleep, but I could see how this would concern a lot of people. We were also missing our iron (we did have an ironing board) but I'm sure we would've been supplied one if we asked. Slightly overpriced based on other hotels we've stayed in for similar prices, which have been new & modern, but it's central and served its purpose, so would consider staying here again :)

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jodie_Edmonds
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

The lady that took my booking was really lovely and helpful. The reception area was very nice. We went to the room and it smelt, there were stains on the bed covers, spiders and cobwebs in the toilet, lino was really old and dirty, paint peeling in bathroom, shower curtain looked about 20 years old. Blankets under bed civer very old and faded.
Cheap, but never again .