“Below average ”

Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Thames is on the Coromandel Peninsula
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our meals both consisted of the vegetables cauliflower and carrots. I found it quite boring. The curry was spicy and flavours were missing. On the other seafood dish the gravy was inconsistent. All over we expected more value for our money. It was disappointing compared to the Thai restaurants we normally visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Great Thai place, food is good, reasonably priced, very friendly staff, we tried to go again last night but it was chocka!!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This is the first ever review I have done in my life.

I thought this one was necessary.

I have been to this restaurant twice now, both times for take away.

The first time was disgusting. I thought tonight I would give it one more try. Guess what bloody disgusting that i actually feel really really sick.

Worst Thai take away i have ever had.

The girl on the counter was very lovely though.

1  Thank Wally44478
Namtarnyimdee25, Owner at Nakontong Thai Restaurant at Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

My apologies to hear that.
Please lets me know What the restaurant you went ? Thames or whangamata?

Regards thida

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have enjoyed Thai food in several countries. Our yardstick to measure this restaurant may be different than most. Our lunch was average, certainly not bad, but also not outstanding. Service was good and food delivery was quick, but the meals were just average. Sorry!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Having tried Thai food at a number of different venues, with varied results, this restaurant satisfied each of our table with an excellent, faultless meal. the spiciness of each meal was exactly as ordered, with every diner getting down to the business of eating without any murmur of complaint, as the meal was of the highest quality and good value as well. A generous meal, it didn't fail to please.

1  Thank Josephine B