“I give up trying.”

Add it.
Mad burger
Ranked #14 of 59 Restaurants in Thames
Reviewed 16 December 2017

Ok, I have tried a lot of burgers over the years, and in my 20 yrs in Canada, have been to some highly recommended burger joints. And out of all the tasteings, we managed to develo what I thought was one of the best burgers around.
Guess I was wrong. When we got back to NZ, my wife started researching great burgers, and persuaded me to try Mad Burger when we were in town. My thoughts were why waste money on something I rule at.
Wow, best burger ever eaten. And the friendly owner, his attention to quality and willingness to stop and chat.
We will be back. And hopefully I will have room after the burger to try the amazing looking cheesecakes..

1  Thank cherishtheadventure

Reviewed 14 November 2017

If youve been to America and had a good burger then this is the place for you. Nothing added to the pattie, 100% beef, as God intended. Fresh red onion and lettuce. The fries were crispy and hot. Best burger ive had in New Zealand.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Wanted to try this family owned and operated Burger Bar for some time now and kicking myself for not going sooner!! Home made Mayo...what? Home made chutney...what? Home made burger patties....!!! When I say homemade it is by no means like yours or mine homemade, these meals are like burgers out of a magazine. They are super tasty - so much so even our fussy kids said it was super good. My husband a die hard meat burger eater said he thought actually"it was the best burger he had ever eaten". He had the MAD BURGER. Did I mention the fries? Not some thin shoestring garbage, NO! Chunky and crisp with enough seasoning that you can't stop eating them. Add $3 and you get a burger, drink and fires. Support this family and their amazing food business folks, you won't regret it, you'll be back time and time again! Thanks Mad Burger for converting my family to REAL food :)

3  Thank KarynMartin
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Awesome home made chunky burgers. I had the Moroccan lamb & the spices came through nicely. Big buns, fresh salads & a nice relish. All served with a friendly smile.
Huge points for serving it all in 100% recycled paper products. No plastic in sight!
Only point to note is the chips were on the smaller scale of a serve so would suggest 1 scoop per person.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Crisp chips. Gourmet burgers with real meat patties. Fresh buns and tasty fillings. These have to be the best burgers in the North Island. They really were simply the best.