“Best Thai restaurant in town”
Review of Thai House

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2016

Great food, original Thai flavour
Beautiful waitress (long hair, lovely glasses with big smile on her face)
My friends and I eat here on a regular basis, and we'll definitely keep it as a weekly routine for our squad

Reviewed 2 June 2016

A very extensive menu of great Thai dishes. Always consistently good food whether as a takeaway or eat in. A great place for a meal around a movie or show in the vicinity

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

My family and I were invited out to attend a birthday event. We were greeted and sat down to a round table. Round tables are great as they enable all the party to engage in conversations. The staff were initially attentive and efficiently took our orders. My wife and I ordered fish cakes between us as started. I order a king prawn green curry and my wife a duck panang. My daughter, a 13 year old, had sweet and sour pork and a chicken satay to start.

The starters:

My daughter enjoyed her starter. My wife and I were disappointed with the fish cakes which was soggy and served with sweet Chilli sauce. The garnish provided displayed the skill of the kitchen staff with beautiful vegetables shaped in butterflies and flowers.

Mains:
My daughter enjoyed her sweet and sour pork. My wife found the Thai hot disappointing as it didn't have the punch expected. My King Prawn green curry which was kiwi hot was flavoursome however I do have an issue with the fact that the prawns had not been de-tailed. To finger a restaurant main meal is not something I expect to do.

Staff:
The staff were good in taking the orders however I noted that there was a lack of attention when the water jugs were empty. This would not be a problem, however there were only 3 other tables being served. In addition deserts were not presented to the table after the mains.

Summary:
Not the best Thai restaurant I have been to in the area and although flavours are authentic and the attention to garnish was excuisite this was not reflected in the service or the expectation in the food in terms of heat. For a business to survive it needs to pay attention to it's customer service.

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

This is definitely one of our favourite Thai restaurants and we make sure to have dinner there at least once, when we are in Palmerston North.

The food is amazing - heaps of flavour - especially the Satay Chicken. We had very friendly and quick service too.

We will be back!

Reviewed 23 February 2016

One of my favorite Thai places in Palmerston north. We went for an early dinner on Friday night and it wasn't too busy and the service was very attentive. The food was great, and the art they do with their garnishes is amazing! We will definitely be back.