Bridgefield Guest House
Stay Margaret River(Margaret River)(Great Value!)
USD 124*
USD 106*
Agoda.com
Grange on Farrelly(Margaret River)(Great Value!)
USD 135*
USD 127*
Agoda.com
Margarets Beach Resort(Margaret River)(Great Value!)
USD 165*
Agoda.com
Vintages Accommodation(Margaret River)(Great Value!)
USD 163*
USD 157*
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
Margaret River Hotel(Margaret River)
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
Margaret River Resort(Margaret River)
  • Pool
All reviewschampagne roomla scarpettaheritage listed buildingleather sofasold world feelprivate courtyardrestaurant attachedseparate showerincluded breakfastother guestshigh streetsmall kitchensitting roommain roadlocation is greatclose to townwine glasses
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed 2 nights in the "Merlot Room" which was clean, comfortable and furthermore we had full use of this lovely lounge area in the evening which is actually part of the reception during the day. The manager was very helpful and pleasant and when I expressed my interest in the restored Jags in the garage he was more that receptive on my wife and having a closer look – they are beauties! I can only agree with the other favourable reviews and simply wonder where any negativity could come from. The continental breakfast on the veranda was very good with a wide variety of choices and plentiful.

Room Tip: The rooms external to the main building are slightly larger and have their own veranda.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank Michael.in.Sydney
Reviewed 6 December 2011

My Cousin and I just spent three wonderful nights in the The Cabin at the Bridgefield Guest House, and couldn't have been happier. Our actual room was much more than we were expecting, with a large kitchenette area and a good sized bedroom with two beds (one queen, one single) - as well as a huge front terrace that we took great advantage of. As we were staying during a quiet mid-week time, we were able to look through most of the other guest rooms in the main buliding and were very impressed - each room has private outdoor space, large bathrooms, and charm to spare. The breakfast at Nathalie's was a bonus.
Location couldn't be better, less than a five minute walk into town and a very quick drive to nearby wineries.
If you are staying anywhere in the region I would highly recommend staying here and hope to return myself someday!

Room Tip: Each room seemed lovely - The Cabinwould be great for a family, and the The Boudouir would be divine for a romantic weekend away.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Just dont stay here, I have been to most places in Margaret River and this is insanely bad, they have a toilet in the corner of the roon with no seperate wall you will hear every noise that comes from your partner, the bath is in the same small room that the bed is in with no drain that means the bedroom floods and finally you will be woken up every morning at 6pm as the morning rush will be right outside your room. I stayed for 5 five days at this hell hole with the owner strangely appearing to comment on how much wine I was drinking, the room was terrible with no modern amenities, not even a radio. I have never stayed at a worse place so seriously I would avoid like the plague,

Room Tip: Just dont go
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel M
Traveldiva14, Owner at Bridgefield Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2011

I have never proffered comment on a review of Bridgefield before. However, methinks, Daniel M, your review is a complete fabrication, so warrants response. Perhaps, the observation made about your consumption of alcohol was an astute one by whomever it was made, as the ‘strange apparition’ you had was not I, the owner, who was not at the premises at any time during your claimed stay.

If you can provide to me evidence of your booking of that room and payment for five nights’ stay in August 2011, I’ll gladly refund your money and pay for five nights’ accommodation for you and your partner at your choice of those ‘most places you have stayed in Margaret River’. Particularly as I had the manager withdraw the room from bookings earlier, other than to those repeat guests to whom it has strong appeal to return to, or to people who walked in and chose it, I find it incredible that someone insanely incarcerated in this hell hole managed to stay for five nights without the manager having any recollection of your chains rattling, the noises emanating from your partner, or a record of booking, or payment. In no circumstances have we had a person who has expressed to the manager in a timely way dissatisfaction with their choice of room not properly looked after with either another room available or a charge-free cancellation to find alternative accommodation. At the time you claim to have stayed, I daresay many accommodation houses, including mine, would have been able to offer an available alternative.

Despite being withdrawn from bookings, the room is accurately pictured and described on our website: “in the style of a French boudoir. It is an intimate room, with French antique (double) bed and rich fabrics, favoured by the more romantic who are comfortable with the liberated French mode of bedroom and bathroom as one”. Your comment about the drain and flooding is nonsense. The reverse-cycle air-conditioning unit in the room and electric blankets, as larger example of modern amenity, seem to have been lost in your tunnel vision and determination to impact negatively upon my business. I see, however, that you have not limited your reviewing style and superlative recommendation to my business alone. As for sounds from the street, one wonders where one with such sensitivity has found suitable on all those other occasions in Margaret River.

Your recommendation to others is one we are keen you adopt for yourself. Unless you are able to furnish appropriate evidence to me of your five-night stay forthwith, I shall be seeking TripAdvisor withdrawal of this review as malicious.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

After staying in the "Bridgefield" 5 times within the last couple of years I can highly recommend this place - it is such a bliss to stay in the "Cabin" (our favourite room).
Welcomed by Bruce who's always helpful we feel home straight away in the cosy room and with only a few minutes walk into the center of Margaret River you don't have to take the car to enjoy a glass of wine in town.
I always look forward to go next door to "Nathalie's Cuisine" where the breakfast is served when I go to bed already.
I can't wait to be back in Margaret River and the Bridgefield!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The champagne room in this guest house was absolutely beautiful and romantic. Amazing, detailed design to the hotel. Great jacuzzi in the champagne room. Friendly staff and great selection of in house movies. Very close to shops and restaurants. Breakfast included is so so. Nothing great. I would recommend this hotel for couples.

Room Tip: The champagne room is a must!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple