“Charming and Comfortable”

Bridgefield Guest House
Ranked #12 of 20 Margaret River B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 December 2011

My Cousin and I just spent three wonderful nights in the The Cabin at the Bridgefield Guest House, and couldn't have been happier. Our actual room was much more than we were expecting, with a large kitchenette area and a good sized bedroom with two beds (one queen, one single) - as well as a huge front terrace that we took great advantage of. As we were staying during a quiet mid-week time, we were able to look through most of the other guest rooms in the main buliding and were very impressed - each room has private outdoor space, large bathrooms, and charm to spare. The breakfast at Nathalie's was a bonus.
Location couldn't be better, less than a five minute walk into town and a very quick drive to nearby wineries.
If you are staying anywhere in the region I would highly recommend staying here and hope to return myself someday!

Room Tip: Each room seemed lovely - The Cabinwould be great for a family, and the The Boudouir would be divine...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Just dont stay here, I have been to most places in Margaret River and this is insanely bad, they have a toilet in the corner of the roon with no seperate wall you will hear every noise that comes from your partner, the bath is in the same small room that the bed is in with no drain that means the bedroom floods and finally you will be woken up every morning at 6pm as the morning rush will be right outside your room. I stayed for 5 five days at this hell hole with the owner strangely appearing to comment on how much wine I was drinking, the room was terrible with no modern amenities, not even a radio. I have never stayed at a worse place so seriously I would avoid like the plague,

Room Tip: Just dont go
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel M
Traveldiva14, Owner at Bridgefield Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2011

I have never proffered comment on a review of Bridgefield before. However, methinks, Daniel M, your review is a complete fabrication, so warrants response. Perhaps, the observation made about your consumption of alcohol was an astute one by whomever it was made, as the ‘strange apparition’ you had was not I, the owner, who was not at the premises at any time during your claimed stay.

If you can provide to me evidence of your booking of that room and payment for five nights’ stay in August 2011, I’ll gladly refund your money and pay for five nights’ accommodation for you and your partner at your choice of those ‘most places you have stayed in Margaret River’. Particularly as I had the manager withdraw the room from bookings earlier, other than to those repeat guests to whom it has strong appeal to return to, or to people who walked in and chose it, I find it incredible that someone insanely incarcerated in this hell hole managed to stay for five nights without the manager having any recollection of your chains rattling, the noises emanating from your partner, or a record of booking, or payment. In no circumstances have we had a person who has expressed to the manager in a timely way dissatisfaction with their choice of room not properly looked after with either another room available or a charge-free cancellation to find alternative accommodation. At the time you claim to have stayed, I daresay many accommodation houses, including mine, would have been able to offer an available alternative.

Despite being withdrawn from bookings, the room is accurately pictured and described on our website: “in the style of a French boudoir. It is an intimate room, with French antique (double) bed and rich fabrics, favoured by the more romantic who are comfortable with the liberated French mode of bedroom and bathroom as one”. Your comment about the drain and flooding is nonsense. The reverse-cycle air-conditioning unit in the room and electric blankets, as larger example of modern amenity, seem to have been lost in your tunnel vision and determination to impact negatively upon my business. I see, however, that you have not limited your reviewing style and superlative recommendation to my business alone. As for sounds from the street, one wonders where one with such sensitivity has found suitable on all those other occasions in Margaret River.

Your recommendation to others is one we are keen you adopt for yourself. Unless you are able to furnish appropriate evidence to me of your five-night stay forthwith, I shall be seeking TripAdvisor withdrawal of this review as malicious.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

After staying in the "Bridgefield" 5 times within the last couple of years I can highly recommend this place - it is such a bliss to stay in the "Cabin" (our favourite room).
Welcomed by Bruce who's always helpful we feel home straight away in the cosy room and with only a few minutes walk into the center of Margaret River you don't have to take the car to enjoy a glass of wine in town.
I always look forward to go next door to "Nathalie's Cuisine" where the breakfast is served when I go to bed already.
I can't wait to be back in Margaret River and the Bridgefield!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The champagne room in this guest house was absolutely beautiful and romantic. Amazing, detailed design to the hotel. Great jacuzzi in the champagne room. Friendly staff and great selection of in house movies. Very close to shops and restaurants. Breakfast included is so so. Nothing great. I would recommend this hotel for couples.

Room Tip: The champagne room is a must!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ParadiseSeeker_21
Reviewed 8 March 2011

This guest house was recommended by a friend and upon checking TA I booked it without hesitation. On our early arrival we were checked into our room. Our host kindly explained the facilities and then left us alone. I was enchanted by the room with it's lovely olde worlde decor, separate ante rooms. We walked firstly into the bedroom through to a small sitting area and at the rear was a small private courtyard with table and chairs plus a small fridge and tea making facilities. Adjacent to the sitting area was another alcove which lead to a separate loo and generous sized bathroom (shower but no bathtub) The bed in our room was rather uncomfortable but probably the only complaint I had. There was no TV in the suite however there is a common lounge area for guests with a TV. In the hallway was a tea/coffee making station complete with biscuits. The room was nice and clean with lovely soft towels and little extra touches like chocolates on the bed and quality toiletries. Our breakfast was included in our tariff of $150 per night which I thought was very good value. Breakfast, which is taken in the onsite annexed verandah restaurant, although only continental was substantial with plenty of choice including fresh fruit. There is an option to buy a cooked breakfast but unfortunately for my husband it wasn't available on Monday's or Tuesdays (both days we were there). Our first evening happened to coincide with the only evening that a roast dinner is served at the onsite restaurant, at $28AUD pp we thought it very good value. It was three course, soup, roast main, dessert and cheese platter plus tea and coffee. For our second evening meal we went to the Settler's Tavern (easy walking distance), there was live music, upmarket pub atmosphere and hearty sized, tasty meals. All in all we really enjoyed our stay at Bridgefield a beautifully restored homestead with lovely gardens and a comfortable relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple