Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Access to artisanal winemakers

When i was researching my 3D2D Margaret River wineries tour I contacted a number of drivers/guides... read more

Reviewed 6 December 2023
jbm4075
Las Vegas, Nevada
via mobile
A Day to Remember!

We booked a 4-hour Wine Tour with Rob, what a great experience! He is an excellent guide, knows the... read more

Reviewed 5 October 2023
Nigel S

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews makes a huge difference wealth of knowledge wine tasting rob wineries
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Rob was fabulous, so knowledgeable. Local knowledge made the trip even better! Thank you from the ‘WoW Girls’.

Date of experience: April 2018
Robert D, Owner at MYDRIVER Margaret River, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Thank you the WOW girls for your review and the opportunity to spend time with you all.

I have to say the day started with an early navigational challenge, and one that I am very relieved to say...worked out to our advantage!

You were all a lot of fun to spend time with and with such a keen interest in all things wine and food...so a big thank you from me as well!

Host/Driver/Guide/Owner

Reviewed 3 April 2018

What a fantastic day. Rob was a great guide, taking us to some wonderful wineries, as well as giving us lots of pointers about things to do and see around the region. Our 10 year old son joined us, and Rob did a great job of entertaining him while we did our wine tasting. We booked the Short Day Tour, which actually ended up being closer to a full day tour (as we took out time), but that was no problem for Rob at all. He was very flexible. I would definitely book with him again. Thanks Rob for a wonderful day.

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank bwnmel

Thank you for your review.
MYDRIVER Margaret River offers both a short day (5 hrs) and full day (7 hrs) private tour, and often tours will extend longer than planned. I am a firm believer that there is need to adhere too closely to time schedules, outside of pre-booked tastings or activities of course...and always enjoy the opportunity of showcasing the beautiful region that I work and live in.
Your son was mature beyond his years and a pleasure to spend time with, and of course the challenge with every customised tour is to ensure that all participants enjoy themselves!
I look forward to welcoming you back to the incredibly stunning Cape to Cape region.

Host/Driver/Guide/Owner

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Rob is going to get fed up with five star reviews.

But there's way round it, Rob provides a nice comfy car, a bespoke itinerary, a helpful commentary as well as friendly chat.

Obviously you could just get on the package tour, but you won't get to choose where you go (or have Robs knowledgeable input) and with a package you might well end up in places of no interest. Robs way is miles better if you are there for the wine.

I'm sure we'll be back.

Date of experience: March 2018

Thank you so much for your review.
It was a pleasure to be allowed the opportunity of showing you around this beautiful wine region.
And you are absolutely right Mark...I only have to place myself in your shoes, to appreciate an itinerary that is both the culmination of your input and my (the host) local knowledge.
By doing this together we ensured the outcome you were looking for...was delivered to maximum effect.The region is incredibly diverse and becoming more so as time passes, and therefore a more personalised approach with a keen eye on what is trending, is so much more enjoyable!
I look forward to seeing you all back here before too long.
Host/guide/Driver/Owner

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Rob took a group of 4 of us on a tour last weekend and we cannot say enough good things about our day. As soon as we booked, Rob called to get a feel for what we were looking for in our day, gave us great suggestions and also included any specific places we wanted to visit. He put together an itinerary for the day which made the plan very clear on both sides....and even with this we were still able to juggle stops around on the day of the tour. Rob was easy going, knew the region very well, was professional and a safe driver. The places he took us to now include some of our favourite wineries in the region. Rob went above and beyond to make sure we had a great day and we would highly recommend him to family and friends.

Date of experience: February 2018
Robert D, Owner at MYDRIVER Margaret River, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thank you Mary M...your positive review is very much appreciated.
I believe it is very important to collaborate with my guests on all planned itineraries...so as to meet or exceed expectations wherever possible. Of course every good plan requires to be flexible and you guys were awesome in this regard, and an absolute joy to spend the day with.
I am always chuffed to read a positive review, as see this as an amazing endorsement to the many years of travel and challenge I can lay claim to, as well as the past seventeen years spent passionately learning about wine in general and particular wine crafted from the beautiful Margaret River wine region.
Sincerely
Rob

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We spent a day touring some fabulous wineries with Rob who was the perfect host. He picked us up from the house in the morning and talked us through the itinerary for the day. First stop was Cape Grace wines which was a great choice - Rob really knows his stuff having worked at a few Cellar doors before and he made sure we didn't go anywhere overrun by tour buses and hen parties. The tastings and lunch were great and Rob also organised a guided tasting for us at Passel Estate where we were able to compare other regional wines with their own product - very interesting! This is definitely not your average tour. Rob has such great knowledge and knows the area so well which makes a huge difference. As a keen wine lover trying to learn as much as I can it was superb! The service was also excellent - the car is fab (brand new!!) and fits 7 people with all the latest mod cons. Rob was very conscientious and came out to open the doors for us and help us in and out of the car which was lovely! Thanks for a great tour, we'll definitely be back!!!

Date of experience: June 2017
Robert D, Owner at MYDRIVER Margaret River, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

I think I just must be lucky, as I seem to always have fantastic and enthusiastic groups to show off the beautiful Margaret River wine region. I particularly enjoyed driving you and friends around, as you were all clearly very happy to be spending time together and finding so much to be fascinated about in the wonderful world, of grape growing and wine making.
It is always a pleasure to provide both an education and insight for the enjoyment of fine food and excellent wine.
You are of course all very welcome to come back to enjoy another MYDRIVER Margaret River experience.
Sincerely