“One of the best hotels in Kalgoorlie”

Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa
Perth, Australia
“One of the best hotels in Kalgoorlie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Definitely one of the best hotels in Kalgoorlie.

Room was large and clean and the bed comfortable. Décor was a bit old but still in pretty good condition. The bathroom was large and clean and had everything I needed. Staff were friendly and accommodating.

The hotel and restaurant were quite expensive however this isn't out of the ordinary in WA and especially Kalgoorlie.

Rydges Kalgoorlie is probably better than the Rydges in Perth to be honest!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
EdwardTKBrennan, General Manager at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear Greg M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa, in the heart of the Goldfields. All feedback positive or negative only assists us to improve our facilities and service. I

believe our pricing in the restaurant is fair and reasonable due to our location (7 hours drive from Perth) as you have rightly mentioned and the cost of freight in purchasing products.

We use local suppliers wherever possible, however they in turn add their percentage mark up, as they are also shipping good from Perth or over east. I also believe our pricing is comparable to our local competitors and in many cases cheaper.

We are in the process of painting each room, unfortunately this is a time consuming task, particularly when at high occupancy, but we aim to keep moving through each room until completed.

I am also pleased that you found our staff friendly and accommodating. I have passed this onto the team.

I appreciate the feedback provided and I do hope to see you once again at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa.

Edward Brennan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have stayed here at least 15 times over the past few years whilst away with work.

The rooms are starting to show their age.

In general, I find the place to be overpriced, particularly the restaurant, where I have experienced some of the worst service ever.

I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Mooner80,

I believe our pricing in the restaurant is fair and reasonable due to our location (7 hours drive from Perth) and the cost of freight in purchasing products. We use local suppliers wherever possible, however they in turn add their percentage mark up, as they are also shipping good from Perth or over east. We are also comparable and in many cases cheaper than our competition.

Of concern is some of the service that you have received past in the restaurant, however I am confident that we have moved passed this and the team are consistent and friendly.

In regards to the rooms, we have just put in new Rydges Dream Beds which are the most comfortable beds to lay your head on. We are also in the ongoing process of painting the rooms and are looking at replacing the carpet in the near future.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

King Size, comfy bed. Huge spa. Pretty bathroom. Bar fridge, sink, crockery, microwave. Huge shower. Table and chairs, safe. And all for $126, breakfast included. Join Priority Guest, and get a free drink as well.

Dear Chris B,

I do appreciate the positive feedback provided from your recent stay. You are quite right in stating that we offer some great deals from time to time and you get further benefit from joining our Rydges Priority Guest Program including 10% off our best available rate, 20% off Food and Beverage and a free drink on arrival in any Rydges Hotel worldwide.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Rydges Kalgoorlie for 4 nights at the end of December (meant to be 5 nights but shortened to 4 nights as a lot of attractions in Kalgoorlie were not open in the Boxing Day week).

We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was very clean, well maintained and spacious. Both the living room and bedroom had a nice big LCF TV each and the bathroom was of a good size. There was a washing machine in the bathroom but unfortunately, I could not figure out how to use it and had to finish the washing in the common laundry. But that aside, everything was great. The kitchenette was very handy and functional.

Service was cordial and morning breakfast is pretty ok with hot food available.

I would certainly stay there again if we visit Kalgoorlie again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank E K
Dear E K,,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated the larger than normal room and bathroom. I have gone through the rooms that provide washing machines, based on your feedback to ensure they all have operating instructions in them.

Unfortunately, in Kalgoorlie, many attractions and businesses do shut on public holidays. However, not a bad chance to take advantage of our resort style swimming pool and Alleya Day Spa!

I am please you will stay with us again if visiting Kalgoorlie and hope to see you soon.

Albany, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

Quick check in room great as always would have liked a product for the spa
A funny smell from the bathroom?

Overall very nice @ relaxing

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Greg8780,,

I am pleased you enjoyed you stay with us and that your check in was efficient. We offer a bath product in each room, however in this instance it does sound like this was missed which I have addressed with the team.

Unfortunately, in order to investigate the smell in the bathroom I would need to find out which room number you did stay in. However, we have not recieved any reports of this recently in any rooms so I am confident it may have been a one off incident and has been rectified.