Review Highlights
5 Day Abrolhos Islands Cruise

We recently were lucky enough to do the 5 Day Abrolhos Islands Cruise. It was fantastic!!! The crew... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2018
Vicki851
Adelaide, Australia
via mobile
More than a cruise, this is an Experience

Omg,14 night Broome to Darwin, this was on my to do list since visiting the Kimberley previously to... read more

Reviewed 18 October 2018
Nicstoc

All reviews day cruise sea lions bird watching top deck catfish fresh fish kimberley coast glass bottom bucket list chef ray bird life horizontal falls captain and crew great trip exceeded our expectations fellow passengers mitchell falls
Reviewed 5 April 2018

At my age of 69, I have been hoping for 50 years to visit the Abrolhos Islands one day. As a boy I had been fascinated by the story of the wreck of the Dutch ship 'Batavia' there in 1629. What a fulfillment of a lifelong boyhood dream it was to take the five day Eco Abrolhos cruise there in March, 2018.
I saw all the places I had read about for decades and just 'lived' the sense of history I found there.
I was also fascinated by the geology of how the coral islands had been formed. Then there were the island walks where we saw bird life, fishermen's huts, sea lions on the beach and the forts that the soldiers built in 1629 to resist the mutineers.
Snorkeling on the coral reefs was just fantastic and, at one time I was joined by an inquisitive sea lion which just sidled up to me underwater and looked at me with big round eyes from no more than an arm's length away. An indelible memory.
Food and companionship was terrific. Sitting up on the top deck, glass of red wine in hand, watching the sun slowly set over the Indian Ocean. What an experience!
Totally professional and competent crew. Comfortable vessel.
Highly recommended. Thanks to captain and crew. David Mason-Jones.

Sonia C, Owner at Eco Abrolhos - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

We feel very privileged David that we were able to fulfill your lifelong fascination about the history at the Abrolhos Islands and were pleased to share our passion for this beautiful part of Western Australia. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts on your tour with others.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My husband and I went on this cruise with my parents, 2 sisters and partners and 3 children under 12. To say the staff was awesome with 3 very difficult children is an understatement as I don't actually recommend this trip for young children. The snorkeling and tours of the islands was amazing as was the food which consisted of massive amounts of fresh crayfish, fish, salad, fruit and fare for the non fish eaters. My husband went fishing with Jay a few times and was not disappointed while I was snorkeling or walking on the islands. We didn't get to snorkle on the Batavia wreck because it was too rough but we are planning on doing it again so hopefully next time. I can't rave enough about how good this tour is so just book in and find out for yourself.

1  Thank carmen_roberts

Thanks Carmen for taking the time to write your review, hopefully when you come back next time your will have the opportunity to snorkel on the Batavia, no guarantees. We do try to accommodate everybody's needs.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

What an amazing experience this 5 day cruise was! The staff are very friendly and relaxed. Very knowledgeable and had a great number of stories to tell about the history, activities and people of the Abrohlos.
Food was absolutely amazing and activities well organised. Snorkelling with the sea lions a wonderful experience. Relaxed cruise no fussy dress codes or expectations.
Felt very spoilt and weel looked afte. Tour group very friendly and met some wonderful people.
Highly recommend

Thanks Wendy for taking the time to write your review we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your 5 day Abrolhos Island cruise.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We have just stepped off this amazing 5 day cruise aboard the Eco Abrolhos and I cannot recommend this tour company high enough. The Crews wealth of knowledge on the islands past and current history, fishing, bird and marine life, photography, food and comfort aboard are second to none. We are certainly hoping to tour with you again. A big shout out to Captain Bronson, Paul, Ray, Big Al, Clive, Tyson, Mike, Meg and Sharree for making our trip so memorable and happy.

Great to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your 5 day Abrolhos Island cruise and thank you for the recommendation. Hope to see you again some time in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Just returned from the 5 day Eco Abrolhos cruise and cannot recommend it highly enough. The Abrolhos islands are incredibly beautiful and this cruise was a fantastic way to experience them. The boat is very comfortable, spacious, clean and well appointed. There are 5 tender boats (including fishing boat and glass bottom boats) to ensure all interests are catered for. The cruise itself is excellent value for money with very high quality plentiful food and fantastic experiences on offer – fishing, snorkelling, island tours ( history, wildlife) etc. etc. The crew are extremely helpful and go out of their way to make it a fantastic experience for all the guests. We had an absolute blast!!

Excellent to hear you had a fantastic time our our 5 day Abrolhos Island cruise and thank you for your high recommendation. It makes us happy when we receive such great feedback.