“Back to the 70's (the worst of them)”

Comfort Inn Admiral
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bunbury
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I knew this was and old motel - it was built when I was a boy growing up in Bunbury so I was very sceptical when it was suggested by a business associate that I stay there. But I jumped on their website and noted rooms had been updated and they didn't look too bad. WRONG - well at least the one I got was not! As I climbed up the steep external concrete stairs in the rain and walked along a narrow external balcony I got an uneasy feeling in my stomach. When I opened the door my worst fears were realsied, it was like walking into a time capsule. The room smelled like an old people's home and the furniture looked like it had been assembled from stuff they had found on a verge collection. It was so cold in there I looked for the heater and eventually (after reading the obligatory mock leather-bound room manual) found a switch on one of those old panels with knobs and buttons on the wall next to the bed. To say what happened next frightened heck out of me would be an understatement - the wall shook as the old through-the-wall room air conditioner fired up and it was so noisy there is no way I could have slept with it running. So I turned it back off promptly and listened to the noise of the cars wizzing by on the major road outside my window. At least there was a street light right outside the window that shone a bit more light in than the inadequate lighting in the room. But when I tried to close the curtains to block it out I found they didn't even meet in the middle and whatever I did there was a still a big gap that let light stream in. I flopped on the bed exhausted and thought about ordering room service. The standard of the room got me thinking about the possible standard of the kitchen and as the springs creaked and snapped under me and stuck into my back I decided to get out quick before I was perhaps attacked by something that may have survived living in here. Maybe I'm being too harsh and maybe my expectations are too high, but I picked up my bag, checked out and went to a newer se of serviced apartments where for $20 a night more I had a self contained studio apartment with all the mod cons. Never again Admiral Comfort Inn Bunbury! I will leave it to the workers who packed out the place obviously because their employers got a way better deal than I did.

Room Tip: There may be better rooms than the one I got, but certainly not in the two storey block facing the m...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Holymanic
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Admiral

Reviewed 9 January 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by the large family room we walked into. Our family of 4 were dead tired and pleasantly spread out in this spacious 2 room unit which cost us $200. The outside looks had us worried, but the inside was very clean and cared for. The only bad thing was that we could hear neighbors all around us, upstairs, outside, next door. The walls are paper thin, so we didn't get a lot of sleep because they were up at all hours and we could hear every single thing.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank livewire44
Reviewed 10 February 2009

Been to the Comfort Inn many times and it is my preferred hotel in Bunbury, Nothing really flash about the rooms but they are clean and well serviced.
Breakfast is wel presented and good servings
Evening meals are just OK for some reason all of the menu tastes the same

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank talk2me33
Reviewed 18 October 2007

Good competent place. Staff were friendly and room was clean and well maintained.

The restuarant did good food and the staff were obliging. Would recommend this for business stays. Nothing spectacular but good value for the price

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank davey1889
Reviewed 4 July 2007

Our family of 2 adults 2 kiddies stayed at this hotel over New Years. Oh my goodness what a dive!

The room was very bland and whomever decided that ONE travel sized bottle of shampoo for a family of 4 was out of their mind.

Restaurant was not in service as it was over new years and you have to pay extra for a cooked breakfast.

It's in a really not so special area of town.

I would avoid in future.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family