All reviewspicnic islandlocal islandbuffet dinnera great place to staytop floorper personpublic ferrytripsmaafushimaldivesmantasminibarjettysandbanks
Reviewed 2 December 2012

A pleasant fact is our holiday was cheap. The correlation of price and quality at 100%. And we brought home not only unforgettable impressions but also the money which we saved owing to discounts and low prices. Thank you staff of the hotel.

The other reviews already say it all, but this is the best hotel experience I have ever had! Hotel is cosy, service is very attentive and personal. Rooms are lovely and the food served is top class and affordable. Management is knowledgable and give good tips for excursions and dining.

We are a family of three and our rooms were huge with views to the garden. Breakfast was excellent. The host were always there for help. It was decided to make a barbecue one evening and the host asked each guest if they wanted to take part - very informal - and made us feel at home.

A perfect place for relaxing with little beautiful garden, also a great base for your trips to explore this island and neighbour islands. Hotel Summer villa is a unique experience of style and comfort. We appreciated the friendly service and attention. Even though we are always looking for new experiences, this is a place we certainly would like to return to.

All in all it was a wonderful 5 days at a peaceful hotel where you can just relax or if you want a lots of activities any kind.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Helena K
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We spent 2 days/nights in Summer Villa (Nov 2012).

Good :

1) Service and Hospitality : Nabeeh greeted us at the jetty and arranged everything we asked for thereafter. The staff was very friendly and did their best to make us comfortable. Their hospitality was more responsive than Holiday Inn Kandooma where we stayed for a night.

2) Great food - The food was excellent.Dinner buffet was good. Maldivian breakfast excellent. However, I hope they had more choices for my wife who is a vegetarian.

3) We did Manta ray trip - actually saw two Mantas. Picnic island, sand bank. Everything was well arranged by Nabeeh and his father.

Bad:

1) Value for money : Rooms seemed overpriced. The snorkeling and other trips costed too much when you compare with similar trips in Thailand or Malaysia. Any activity left us with a big hole in our pockets. Speed boat transfer charges seemed exhorbitant when you consider that the islands are not that far away from Male. But this is general in Maldives and not a criticism of Summevilla who to be honest gave us reasonable price compared to RESORTS.

2) Location : The location of the guesthouse is not great. You can get other resorts which are close to the beach. The rooms lacked privacy with the reception just in front of the door. In Maafushi there was nothing great to do - so unless you are taking trips (which are quite expensive) you dont feel like you are on a holiday.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ritesh m
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The rooms are clean and comfortable with en-suite, AC, and refrigerator. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Mohamed was very quick to communicate in advance of our arrival and was often on hand to help us throughout the week. He personally collected us from the airport. The rooms are cleaned everyday with bedding and towels changed each day. The internet access is not very reliable and quite frustrating.
Unfortunately there is currently a building site next door which woke us up at 07.15 every morning. Summer Villa is also building additional rooms at the rear of the property which means that the rear garden area is no longer there.
The food is basic but ok. The prices are reasonable. You cannot buy alcohol on this island at all and you are not allowed to bring your own into the country!! (apparently, they can take you to another island to buy alcohol but we didn’t bother). There are a number of places to eat on the island (a nice meal for 2 people cost $30).
There is nothing to do on the Island and there is only a small stretch of beach at the other end of the island. The people of the island are generally friendly and relaxed. You can wear a bikini on the beach but nowhere else. There are a number of small shops which sell Coke, Sprite and biscuits etc. The team did arrange some day trips for us which were very good, although pricey. We spent most of our days diving with Maafushi Diving and Water sports, these were excellent.
Summer villa though couldn’t do enough for us we would have to recommend them and the service they provided.
We probably wouldn’t return to the island as there is nothing to do here and it is not very picturesque, although we didn’t pay the extortionate resort prices either.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John H
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Well, we had to send this thank to the owner of Summer Villa, it was great time for all of us staying here at a nice cottage which got immaculate facilities. We stayed here for 3 days totally and found this area quite lovely. Fist, i wanna to mention about the value, the room rate was highly competitive. secondly, Th atmosphere here was really nice, good ambiance of room. Thirdly, the staffs were so attentive. The villa with a lovely garden where each morning we could walk together and hear the bird's sound. The beaches nearby with excellent and pure water as well.We could play kites and swim. You can rent for some swimsuit with reasonable price or bought by yourself. We highly appreciated this are and the beaches here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank blair t
Reviewed 14 October 2012

What a wonderful hotel and staff . Way before I arrived, I received several emails from the manager (Nabeeh) to see if I needed anything taken care of before I arrived. He arranged everythings for me. From the moment I arrived, I enjoyed spectacular service that started with an upgrade to a beautifully-furnished room! The room was exactly what I was looking for. It was the size of the deluxe room with large bed, immaculately clean every single day, and I appreciaIned the special in-room amenities. Nabeeh, who brought my luggage to the room even went as far as to tell us of the many amenities the hotel offered and suggested that we visit the rooftop lounge area. We went up to the beautiful rooftop terrace and it was amazing with its view of the ocean. Soon guests will fortunate to spend time on the rooftop deck, where they can enjoyed a quiet evening or sunny daytime. (Construction work is finished already). The bar, excursion, the beaches... all perfect! The best thing of everything is that when i went on dinner, theres was live soul maldivian music at the cafe in the open air. I cannot say enough about the excellent service and fabulous meal. By far, I ate the best fish and seafood I have ever eaten.
One morning as we were heading out on snorkelling excursion, a member of the staff (Ali) gave me fins, mask and snorkel. A special thanks to staff for making my recreation so very special!
I had a relax and peaceful time in Summer villa!!
Have to say this was one of my favorite hotel experience's I have ever had. Good location and the best staff! You rocked! Can not wait to come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo