“Not there yet”

Ranked #4 of 129 Restaurants in Warrnambool
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

I was attracted by the great reviews and don't get me wrong I've also enjoyed it but if you go towards the fine dining, you'll need some improvement - the tartare of kangaroo is ok but the dressing too overpowering and the chips on top are not very crispy. I've tried the duck and it misses some flavor and also there the duck skin which was announced to be crispy wasn't crispy at all. staff very friendly but still a bit inexperienced in my case. The wines are ok - overall great but I wouldn't come back (yet)

5  Thank Lieven M

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Dinned there on Wed 3rd May. The service was very good, as was the food and the wine matching. A 6 course degustation meal was great. Left satysfied, not uncomfortably full. Definetly a place to visit for a special occassion.

2  Thank MillersofHomebush
Reviewed 3 May 2017

By far one of the best meals I have ever had, and my partner said exactly the same.

We came here for dinner on a Friday night, and everything was perfect – the food and the service equally.
I can be quite a fussy eater, and tend to like simple flavours, not all this fine dining fancy elements added to everything. But every single thing we had brought to the table was absolutely delicious , cooked perfectly and presented beautifully.

To start we had the tuna and the pork belly, for main we had the ribeye to share with side dishes, and dessert we had the chocolate honeycomb dessert to share. The portions were not small , they were the right size. Every course served went back with a clean plate, we did not leave a single crumb or food.

The staff were brilliant, very friendly and attentive , not in a pestering way.

The Pickled Pig is by far the best restaurant in Warrnambool.

3  Thank Talia16
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

We went for the degustation and were not disappointed. Presentation was superb, the combination of flavours on each plate was sensational and the service faultless. A fantastic meal for any ocassion, especially if you're in the mood for an indulgence. We will definitely seek this restaurant out when we return to Warrnambool.

1  Thank Mundy9997
Reviewed 11 April 2017

One of the best restaurants in Warrnambool for fine dining. A lovely place for a special occasion. Definately a foodies venue.

1  Thank waynermarg