This is a really lovely hotel and has a great, stylish beachy feel. It's modern but something a bit different to the mainstream. Several people complain about the open bathroom design which is lovely if you are on your own or with a close couple, and if not, just close the folding mirror doors, and you have a standard room, so this shouldn't be counted as a negative. I have stayed here a couple of times before, and enjoyed each stay. The bed is really comfortable. A short walk to the nearby beach is a pleasure as is the indoor pool and the mineral bath. However this stay, I could see a few things that really should be attended to by the maintenance department. In my room, there was a large gap between the doorframe and the tiles where some grouting had fallen out, there was some sticky tape over the bottom of the wardrobe (presumably to hold some loose veneer back in place), the varnish on the towel racks was scratched and patchy, and the silicone around the base of the shower was mouldy and needs replacing. None of these items would take much time or cost to attend to but they give a sense that the hotel is sliding into shabbiness, which is a great pity. A bit of signposting back to the hotel and some lights to guide one back from the beach at night would be great too. A meal at Simon's cafe at the surf club (15 minutes walk along the beach back towards the city centre) is highly recommended; it is far more reasonably priced and better food than the Sebel's own restaurant. You also get to look at the surf while you dine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Quality Suites Deep Blue - Warrnambool (Previously The Sebel Deep Blue).Less than three hour's drive from Melbourne, Quality Suites Deep Blue offers luxurious accommodation, perfectly positioned on a peninsula between Lady Bay and Stingray Bay in Warrnambool, also known as 'The city by the Sea'.Comprising 80 guestrooms including eight deluxe suites with spa baths there are also five 2 & 3 bedroom fully self contained penthouses. All accommodation features magnificent vistas and the resort's unique positioning on top of a natural mineral aquifer, 800 metres underground, enables to provide geothermal room heating, as well as supply to 4 mineral rich, private hot deepwater pool rooms in the Bath House and gymnasium.Other features include individual balconies, air conditioning as well as ceiling fans, flat screen TV and cable, work desk, broadband and wireless internet and CD player.Our very own Day Spa - Deep Water Baths & Spa (providing mineral geothermal hot water) includes a large indoor heated pool, an open mineral pool, 4 private hot mineral pool rooms and adjoining day spa offering a range of specialty body treatments, signature facials, massages and beauty treatments, including spray tanning. Quality Suites Deep Blue Warrnambool hotel's signature restaurant, The Water Table boasts a casual yet stylish ambience complemented by a seasonal menu of the finest local Victorian produce showcasing local cheeses and an extensive wine selection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Australia, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quality Suites Deep Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Deep Blue Warrnambool Hotel Warrnambool
- Quality Suites Deep Blue Warrnambool, Victoria