“New Old Local”

The Post Hotel
Ranked #140 of 301 Restaurants in St Kilda
Cuisines: International, Pub, Gastropub, Fusion
Reviewed 30 June 2015

Like the saying says "never judge a book by it's cover" From the outside this pub looks like it's about to slip into the pavement. And while the reno isn't full-on gastro chic, it is pretty cool (perhaps because it isn't gastro-chic!?)
This was my 3rd visit, and one thing is resounding, the staff are superlative, casually efficient and attentive.
The food... I have to admit, I'm a bit of a food snob (never had ribs before) who knew being too choosy would be a handicap.
On my previous visit, one of our party had some vegemite fish concoction (apparently inspired by MasterChef, again I'm clueless) So I was a little dubious about getting into the food this time.
Not that noring on ribs is adventurous, indeed it might be viewed as down right plebeian, but who knew that bony, fleshy bits could be so good?
The menu is just adventurous enough, there's something for everyone. Prices are proper pub and the bar service is fun.
The table to our left had children, the table to our right was filled with young hipsters, we felt right at home.

Reviewed 24 June 2015

Went for the first time last night with some mate.had the burger and experience was awfull : $21very small size, overcooked dry meat,disgusting cinnemon sweaty test used on the burger bone.
please chef have a tast of your own burger

Reviewed 18 April 2015 via mobile

Great food - Asian inspired and reasonably priced. Love the beer garden and weekend happy hour are awesome. Still needs more of a vibe but give it a chance and it will be like the taphouse very soon ! It's less than a 5
Min walk to my house so can't complain!

Reviewed 18 April 2015

I am extremely fussy over how my steak is cooked. EXTREMELY. This pub got it right
and the service was superb.

A great night in a great pub with a great meal.
Great

Reviewed 9 April 2015

Okay, I've only ever been here once, and that was to simply check it out (I like checking out random pubs). This wasn't a bad place, but I have certainly been to better. It is probably more suited to those who like their gastro pubs, and they really aren't my scene (though there are some good ones around). It doesn't get overtly crowded, and there is a decent, though small, beer garden out the back. It's probably not one that I would go out of my way to visit again, however I wouldn't turn down an offer to meet up with friends here.