Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Booking.comUSD 105
PricelineUSD 104
Hotels.comUSD 104
eDreamsUSD 105
CheapTicketsUSD 104
TravelocityUSD 104
All reviews the indoor heated pool spacious bedroom quiet hotel free parking stayed here for two nights mini fridge rooms are nice dining table great sleep chapel street located close comfortable stay would definitely stay here again min walk warren balaclava melbourne
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2020

Only stayed 2 nights, but would have love to stay longer. The staff were all so cheerful and helpful. The room was light, clean and airy and the bed was super comfy. Would willingly recommend this place to everybody.

Date of stay: December 2020
Warren Slabe, General Manager at Kimberley Gardens Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2020

Dear Richard,

what an awesome review -- thank you so much!

wishing you happy healthy holidays

from all of us at the Kimberley Gardens

Reviewed 6 March 2020

nice rooms, fairly spacious, helpful staff. perfect for our needs, as it's location is near our family.my only complaint was a small pool and inadequate excercise room.wi-fi good, comfordable beds . in conclusion good place

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 5 March 2020

We stayed for three nights at Kimberley Gardens as part of our self-organised tour of Australia
We enjoyed a warm welcome
The large room with balcony was clean– and comfortable - well equipped including a fridge
WiFi (Free) was possibly the best that we had on our trip enabling us to easily stay in touch with home
The indoor heated pool was a very welcome dip after being on your feet all day
The hotel serve a complimentary continental breakfast – excellent
Free parking available on site
Ten minute’s walk to the tram or train to access Melbourne centre
Would happily use this hotel again on any future visit – however would not book via Agoda as the charge failed the credit card security requiring a very expensive call back to the credit card company in the UK to resolve the issue and release the locked down card ( this issue also occurred on the other booking I had with Agoda )
If you want fruit and nibbles there shops located near the station
In the evening we ate at ( all excellent )
... Balaclava tavern near the station – Chicken Stitzel
.. the Hunky Dory – fish and chips
... the Crane ( Chinees located in Melbourne’s china town)
Local to the hotel
... walking is - St Kilda ( 30 mins) – a charming sea side resort town where on pier you are able to visit the penguin colony (Free)
... using the car ( ten minute drive ) – road side parking is available at these a national trust properties nb -- UK National trust members have free access by presenting their UK membership card – and our experience always receive a very warm welcome
... ... Rippon Lee
... ... Como house
To visit central Melbourne either
... take the car – some Free roadside parking available near the Fitzroy gardens on Saturday afternoon and Sunday – NB the central area tram is free – particularly good is the circular historic tram running in both directions on the central circuit providing a commentary as you go
... or take the tram into Melbourne – the hotel may be able to loan you a Melbourne travel card (you need to top up the funds on the card at the seven eleven located in the direction of the station )
In the centre we visited
... Polly Woodhouse a tall sail trading ship ( a national trust property)
... the Melbourne Goal and police station ( again a national trust property)
... the parliament
... the treasury house
We travel to the hotel from Canberra visiting
... Dows Pharmacy ( a national trust property)
... Bletchworth old town – disappointed that having been sold a ticket for some properties were closed for a school visit
... the grain silo art near Benalla
From Melbourne , we travelled on to Sydney via the A1 ( princes highway - Coast road ) excellent drive on rural roads – but two days was simple being too optimistic not allowing time to stop and enjoy
Worth knowing is that fresh ground coffee is $1 a cup at seven eleven and pie face outlets
PS – Finding way around Australia was made easier with sat nav -- I used the Free Navigator app on my phone having downloaded the map for Australia – excellent

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank janmaypa
Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights and it immediately felt like a place I would enjoy staying in longer.

Set back from the main road yet still within a few kilometers walking distance to the train station, this hotel is well placed away from the noise.

I arrived too early for check in and the nice staff allowed me to sit in the lounge area behind reception until my room was ready.

I was pleasantly surprised by the room size and cleanliness, and having an iron and full size ironing board was a welcoming touch. I was on a solo trip but there is so much storage in the rooms it would have no trouble accommodating a large family on a longer journey. The room even had two balconies and a desk. My stay was very peaceful and I enjoyed having a great sleep after exploring St Kilda during the day.

There is also an indoor pool with a spa on the ground level.

I have no hesitations recommending this hotel to anybody, and it’s really good value.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank fijipix
Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

I stayed here from January 16th - January 22nd and was quite underwhelmed to say the least. Picked this hotel as it was close to a friend I was visiting. Had spent a week in Sydney at the Marriott Circular Quay so probably was wrong to compare the two. THIS HOTEL CLOSES FROM 10 pm - 7 am and makes no exceptions even should one require assistance with luggage for an early flight. Thus, I had to book into an airport hotel the day earlier I had planned to leave. Bad business management as they did themselves out of an extra nights accommodation.
Unfortunately, too, the walls are very, very thin and I had a mother with an anxious daughter who kept me up most of night one and at odd times the rest of my stay. Realized it was pointless insisting on moving rooms as I could have a crying baby in any of the others!!!
Hotel is definitely shabby and actually quite scary coming back to late at night all alone.
Would definitely not recommend staying here and when I visit my friend in the future, will look for something else even if it means ubering to her further away.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Warren S, General Manager at Kimberley Gardens Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2020

Dear Andrea,

I do actually remember you well, and who you are.

With everything in life, sometimes the answer is simply "sorry, we do not provide that service" --- And as a hotel that does not have a 24 hour reception desk, we do not have the service to help carry luggage in the early hours of the morning. We just don't.

Recently I went way on holiday and paid nearly $400 a night for my family. The place had awful pillows -- way too soft and I didn't really sleep well -- I went to ask them for firm pillows but they said "sorry, we do not provide that service". Perhaps I should give them a totally negative review for that?

So, are our walls really thin? Nope, standard double brick / concrete walls -- you certainly did have a guest who unfortunately did have a late-night issue and was quite loud. We did sort it out for you. We didn't ignore it. We went to speak to the guest and relayed that message back to you because you "insisted we call you as soon as we spoke to the guest" The guest apologised and insisted it was a once-off event.

we certainly don't feel that our hotel is shabby, and most of our guests don't feel that way either.

So -- in summary --- you had an un-enjoyable stay. We never want that for anyone and are always disappointed when it happens. Hope your future stay at other places all goes well for you.

Many thanks