“Good value”

Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My partner and I stayed here during a little holiday in Melbourne. We had actually booked 2 separate mystery deals which both turned out to be the Medina. Upon arrival we were told we could have the room for the whole 4 nights instead of checking out after 2 and back in again which was pleasant. The room (studio apt) was on the top floor (5) and had ocean views. It seemed like the room wasn't finished yet but the renovated part looked really nice and had a Japanese feel to it. The shower with 2 shower heads was nice and warm and the rest of the room had everything we needed. Staff was very friendly and helpful and reception even printed out tickets for us. Location is very good with good restaurants close by (I'd recommend The Bannf for breakfast). All in all we had a pleasant stay and I can see us returning to the Medina when we visit Melbourne again. The only negative was, that every time we returned to the hotel in the evenings there was a strong smell in the apartment. But opening the windows helped.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicuska
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay with Medina St Kilda.

I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay here. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me.

There are newer reviews for Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Recently stayed here for 3 nights on my first trip to Melbourne. It is in a great location just a short stroll down to the water. Lots of bars, cafes and restaurants nearby and also walking distance to Chapel street. There is a tram stop just out the front also if you want to go into the city or any other locations that might be too far to walk.

The room was extremely clean and the staff were friendly. We had an executive studio and size was more than enough for us and the rate was reasonable. The room also had very modern furnishings.

Would come back for sure.

Room Tip: The executive studio easily accommodates 2 people.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay with Medina Executive St Kilda.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! I agree that the Studio apartments are a fantastic size - it's nice to have a bit more space than you get in a hotel room.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina St Kilda in the future. If there is anything I can do to assist you with bookings please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Great location so many restaurants to choose from an transport at the door step, Shame about the rooms. Very dated and could do with some work, lighting in room poor, bathroom was very nice an clean but the lighting in there was worse than the room. Had not encountered a hotel before where there was only a bottom sheet on the bed then the doona, which would be good if it was the right size for the bed. Overall it was ok

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you come to stay, if you would like us to make up your bed with 2 sheets please let us know and we can certainly arrange this for you.

If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed with a bunch of girlfriends for 2 nights. Between us we had a 3-bedroom apartment and 2 studios.

I had stayed here twice before, each time whilst on a "girl's weekend". We chose these apartments for the location: close proximity to transport, a supermarket and most importantly a well-stocked bottle shop!

On this most recent stay, the positives started piling up from the beginning. We knew check-in time was 2pm and when we arrived at 10am we hoped to store our luggage and hit the shops. We were pleasantly surprised when we were able to check-in straight away. Our 3-bedroom apartment was huge. It had two spacious bathrooms, one with a full-size bath as well as a shower and washing machine/dryer and toilet, and the other with a shower, vanity and toilet. There was a dining table and 6 chairs and a lounge which comfortably seated 2 as well as 2 ottomans. I did expect there to be more lounge furniture for a 3-bdr apartment.
Unfortunately the beds were made up as doubles, and obviously being 6 girls, we wanted them as singles. After mentioning this to reception, housekeeping arrived 5 minutes later and promptly remade the beds. Only two of the beds could be split, so we ended up with 4 singles and a queen, but we made do.

Location-wise, I love this place. A stone's throw from the apartment you can catch a #16 tram to Flinders St station or St Kilda beach in the opposite direction, or a #96 tram will take you to the Crown Casino, the Exhibition Centre, Etihad Stadium and the Bourke St Mall. Across the road is a fantastic IGA which sells alcohol too! Although the apartment doesn't have its own restaurant there are a number of cafes in the close vicinity that Medina have an arrangement with so that you can charge your cafe bill to you room.

The staff on reception were fabulous. They were always friendly and helpful - and they're there 24 hours a day.

I'm not a real clean-freak, so I only notice really dirty things or really dated things, and I didn't really experience either. The grout in the showers could be refreshed but otherwise I didn't have anything to complain about.

I have recommended this place to a couple of my friends and each have made at least one return visit. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

If there is anything I can do to assist you with your reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We found The Medina online as would most travellers. On arrival our initial room had a fridge that malfunctioned & we were immediately moved to another room. So far service was immaculate. Stepping out onto the balcony of the newly appointed room, we noticed massive construction. Noisy!!! also not very sound proof as our neighbous demonstrated. It was neat & bed was comfortable. But overall expensive & I would Not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NellyMeyers
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

I'm sorry to see your stay with us was not as enjoable as it could have been.

Unfortunately we do still have a construction site next to the hotel. If there was a problem with the room next to yours making noise I trust you reported this to reception so we were able to speak to them about their noise levels.

Should you wish to discuss this in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Kilda
Central Business District
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne
Central Business District
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda? Share your experiences!