All reviewsgreat locationsun deckcomfortable bedfree wifithe room was niceper nightmini bartwin roompublic transportmelbourne cbdpalais theatrecafehubtramcityliftst
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Location was very good. ALL staff fantastic. I stayed six nights and found staff to be courteous, knowledgable and totally professional. Trams to CBD at doorstep. Room was clean and comfortable bed. Perfect.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Richard P, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Michael,

Thank you for that 5 star review. It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The photographs on the hotel website/booking agent websites portray this hotel to be quite cool. I saw images of large light rooms with funky feature walls, when the reality was a scuffed dirty brown wall in a less than average room.
REALLY Disappointing.

It started well. The lady who greeted me on reception was just lovely. Super friendly and chatty and helpful. Sadly, when I got to my room, the cot that I had requested (for my daughter!) wasn't there, which was annoying because i'd had to book the room for the night before as we were arriving so early in the morning and then i had to sleep with my daughter in the bed with me, which I wasn't very comfortable with... and I was let down by how budget the place looked.

I had also requested a quiet room because of my baby but we were put in one of the rooms on the main road. To be fair, I booked a 'deluxe' room (apparently?) and they were all positioned along the front of the building by the busy road. I was offered another room but I didn't really want a downgrade! I just wished this had been explained to me as the noise outside was quite loud (were were there on a weekend and there was a bar right across from our window).

The cafe downstairs never seemed to be open so when I popped down for a snack after a ling flight, I was unable to buy anything and ended up walking down to the supermarket.

We wouldn't stay again (sorry to the lovely lady who greeted me - you are the best thing about this hotel!)

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Richard P, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hi Donna_Duckworth,

We're sorry to hear that your weekend stay back in February was not up to expectation.

The room type booked (Executive King Spa Rooms) are all located at the front of the building, and they have double glazed windows to keep the noise out. I am glad that you contacted our staff regarding the matter and that they did offer the option to move to a quieter room.

The Hub Cafe downstairs operates till 2.00pm over the weekend, and the restaurant is open from 5.00pm to late.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Booked online and you could not go past there amazing price, to arriving at the hotel greeted by really nice staff who made it easy for me as there were mishaps with my flight. The room was bigger than i thought, very clean, quiet and for me from the first impression with the hotel was nothing but warm and inviting and made you feel welcome and great.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Janethun86

Thank you for that wonderful review, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Wow! What a great place to stay!! My search for a hotel was something like, "cheapest 4 star ⭐️ " and Rydges exceeded my expectations. Little old boutique hotel turned into the Melbourne chic vibe. The staff were friendly and accomodating. The rooms were a good size for a bed and bathroom. And the location was amazing.!! Nothing bad to say.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Richard P, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Taylor B,

Thank you for that wonderful review, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you're in St Kilda next.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Arrived on a cold Melbourne night. Having stayed here on many occasions was welcomed, warmly, by Jane.
Having changed to Rydges it seems to have gained a new life. Updated furniture in rooms etc.
Richard, the operations manager, always friendly and courteous, a pleasure to deal with.
Great location, good breakfasts, all in all good value.
Will be back.