“Visiting Melbourne”
Review of Rydges St Kilda

Rydges St Kilda
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The room very good and clean but shower varied in its heat and intensity.
The staff very helpful and friendly.
As we were sightseeing in Melbourne we did not spend time in the room but as this hotel has a great position with the beach 1 block away and the city tram at the door we found it a great place to rest our tires feet.

Room Tip: ask for a room with windows
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Richard P, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Gay B

Thank you for providing that great feedback, I am happy to hear that you were well looked after. I apologize for the poor shower experience, will certainly have that looked into.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I stayed here last Thursday after flying in from . As I had a very early arrival time I put a request for a early check in. I arrive at the hotel around 7am and when I got in, this lady behind the reception straight away greeted me with my name!! I've worked in hotels for 8 years and this was a surprise to me, it's those little things that mean everything!

The room itself was a good size, fridge, tv, hairdryer, iron & ironing board, etc. The shower was great and big. On checkout they were nice enough to look after my luggage whilst I popped into the city!

Alll staff where very friendly, and it was a good choice for my stay in Melbourne.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Moniqueyolanda59

Thank you for that wonderful review, glad to hear that everything went well and that your stay was flawless.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I booked a Superior Queen for 2 nights while I was visiting St Kilda.
I've stayed in a number of places in St Kilda and this was one of my favourites.
The Room was quite big, with a Large, Comfortable Bed and a lovely Ensuite. The TV had regular free-to-air channels, which was probably the only let-down. Most hotels have some Foxtel.
This Hotel is in the heart of St Kilda - Fitzroy St. Close to everything I needed - Restaurants, Coles & Woolworths, a Tram-Stop out the front, Beach close by, and great nightlife in the area.
The room rate is good for what I got. I'd pay the same to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Hi Johnny S,

Thank you for taking the time to post that great review, it looks like you made the most of the location during your stay.

We are in the process of moving away from Foxtel as many guests prefer to stream movies via the web using our complementary wifi.

We hope to welcome you back when you're in St Kilda next.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Although the room was slightly small it honestly did not matter as we were out sightseeing most of the time. The room was clean and comfortable, and we were able to enjoy a good rest at night and yummy breakfast each morning at their café. We appreciate the on-site parking and good wifi, would definitely consider staying again when in Melbourne.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Richard P, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear evangelinef58

Many thanks for your review, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and made the most of the location.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Warm Regards

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I was there in a business trip and i could not ask for anything else. The room is to die for and very peaceful. Staff were very friendly and nothing was too much to ask for them.
Chef's a la carte breakfast with fresh juice is the best way to start the day.
Thank you Rydges St Kilda team for everything and will definitely be seeing you all soon.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Richard P, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Pranamya

Thank you for that great review AND for the wonderful feedback upon checkout a few days ago! I've passed on your kind comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you and the family next time.