“Lazy Sunday Haze”

Ranked #2 of 297 Restaurants in St Kilda
Price range: USD 12 - USD 24
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Overlooking Albert park and breathtaking city views, Fitzrovia has pride of place in our beautiful Federation mansion house with pressed tin ceilings, hand-made brick work, stained glass, baltic pine floors and a host of wonderful original features. From 7am through till late at night, our kitchen produces some of the area's most innovative dishes, made entirely from local Victorian produce, with a strong European style. Our menus change regularly with the seasons, so take a look at our website to see what we are doing!
Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

Watching the world go bye is one of my favourite indulgences, Fitzrovia is one of my favourite places to let this haze happen.
Sunday morning in St Kilda is awash with a perfect mix of people, like a gathering force they start moving down the pavement that Fitrovia rules over.

2  Thank michaelcourtenay
There are newer reviews for Fitzrovia

Reviewed 30 November 2015

This little restaurant has such a cool vibe and always has the most amazing cakes on display, it is so hard to just walk past, but on the weekends if you dont make a booking, you are sure to miss out. We booked for a small family group and had an amazing brunch with some truly delicious combinations. My house cured ocean trout was to die for with smashed peas and other delicious morsels, and everyone enjoyed the single origin coffee. The only thing that marred this occasion was the very rude maitre d'/owner? Early on my husband swapped a rickety chair for another and pointed out that it was a little wobbly. Rather than apologise or thank my husband for pointing it out, this guy just told him, fairly aggressively that it was fine because it had been like that for 10 years, then as we were ordering second rounds of coffee he came to tell us we would need to hurry up because they had a second booking in half an hour. Just rudely handled and disappointing considering everything else is so great. You will know him when you come across him - just really abrupt. Otherwise would totally recommend.

1  Thank KimMi764
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

This is a great venue for breakfast. Good food, coffee and cakes. Love the place. The service is great too. Nothing like sitting outside on a nice day and enjoying some outdoor dining.

1  Thank Damian D
Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

I've visited this great little restaurant twice in a week now and it's only Thursday. I'm thinking of a cheeky after dinner drink on Friday night to make it a trifecta, because it's been a winner for me each time.

I chose a salad each time (trying to watch my figure) and I wondered if it would be rude to dissect the dish and photograph it so I could try to recreate them at home. But it's those secret salad dressings that confound you.

The one I had today had black barley in it, pomegranate, poached chicken and so many other tasty treats I just stopped paying attention and just focussed on enjoying. My companion each time chose the calamari and both were delighted with their choice.

This is a great spot for a business lunch. Easy to get a park across the street. Quiet enough to have a private conversation. Tables outside for those beautiful spring days and they don't mind if you bring the office dog. Excellent, discrete service. This could be my regular as its walking distance from the office.

2  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 18 November 2015

I've been here twice now for breakfast, both times i've had the sweet potato fritters and i find that the food is amazing. Coffee and juices are good too and staff are attentive and friendly. I am definitely coming back for more :)