“Great for breakfast”

Ranked #7 of 310 Restaurants in St Kilda
Price range: USD 11 - USD 23
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Overlooking Albert park and breathtaking city views, Fitzrovia has pride of place in our beautiful Federation mansion house with pressed tin ceilings, hand-made brick work, stained glass, baltic pine floors and a host of wonderful original features. From 7am through till late at night, our kitchen produces some of the area's most innovative dishes, made entirely from local Victorian produce, with a strong European style. Our menus change regularly with the seasons, so take a look at our website to see what we are doing!
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

This is a great venue for breakfast. Good food, coffee and cakes. Love the place. The service is great too. Nothing like sitting outside on a nice day and enjoying some outdoor dining.

1  Thank Damian D

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

I've visited this great little restaurant twice in a week now and it's only Thursday. I'm thinking of a cheeky after dinner drink on Friday night to make it a trifecta, because it's been a winner for me each time.

I chose a salad each time (trying to watch my figure) and I wondered if it would be rude to dissect the dish and photograph it so I could try to recreate them at home. But it's those secret salad dressings that confound you.

The one I had today had black barley in it, pomegranate, poached chicken and so many other tasty treats I just stopped paying attention and just focussed on enjoying. My companion each time chose the calamari and both were delighted with their choice.

This is a great spot for a business lunch. Easy to get a park across the street. Quiet enough to have a private conversation. Tables outside for those beautiful spring days and they don't mind if you bring the office dog. Excellent, discrete service. This could be my regular as its walking distance from the office.

2  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 18 November 2015

I've been here twice now for breakfast, both times i've had the sweet potato fritters and i find that the food is amazing. Coffee and juices are good too and staff are attentive and friendly. I am definitely coming back for more :)

Reviewed 18 November 2015

We came for dinner with friends in 2013 and on our recent return visit to Melbourne took a tram out of the city to enjoy a fantastic lazy breakfast one Sunday morning.

Marco and his team and friendly, engaging and very welcoming and the dishes that come out of their kitchen are as fresh and tasty as they come and everything is made to order on the premises.

We loved the breakfast menu and fab coffee too and we're just sad we did not have time to return for dinner....but we will be back and highly recommend that any visit to Melbourne should include at least one visit to Fitzrovia.

2  Thank petercheshire
Reviewed 15 November 2015

The Fitzrovia was just next door when we were staying in St. Kilda. The breakfast was good, and coffee very good. In discussing our breakfasts while staying down the street, we felt like the quality and price down the street were better.

1  Thank Lisa S