“Lazy Sunday Haze”

Ranked #2 of 299 Restaurants in St Kilda
Price range: USD 11 - USD 23
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Overlooking Albert park and breathtaking city views, Fitzrovia has pride of place in our beautiful Federation mansion house with pressed tin ceilings, hand-made brick work, stained glass, baltic pine floors and a host of wonderful original features. From 7am through till late at night, our kitchen produces some of the area's most innovative dishes, made entirely from local Victorian produce, with a strong European style. Our menus change regularly with the seasons, so take a look at our website to see what we are doing!
Reviewed 29 October 2015

Watching the world go bye is one of my favourite indulgences, Fitzrovia is one of my favourite places to let this haze happen.
Sunday morning in St Kilda is awash with a perfect mix of people - if you're into watching - like a gathering force they start moving down the pavement that Fitrovia rules over.
I realise this place does lunch, however, my fave time to be here is breakfast - usually a little later, 10ish - the specials is the way to go in my book, of the dozen or so visits, I've never been disappointed, never!

1  Thank michaelcourtenay

Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

The greeting from the staff was warm and inviting at the Fitzrovia today. Much more inviting than the cold wind out in Fitzroy Street. All round the quality of the service and the high standard of the dishes makes this a great restaurant. The two dishes we had; Pork and Veal Meatballs on Parisian Mash, Jus and grated Pecorino along with the Prawn, Ocean Trout and Rockling Fillet Pie where both outstanding. Delicate and delicious.

1  Thank brendan4720
Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

Five stars for food, service, price and location.

My husband and I are from Sydney and recently had our wedding in Melbourne. As our guests were also from Sydney, a few suggested we organise a 'Morning After' wedding brunch.

From the moment I contacted Fitzrovia, Kirsty went above and beyond to create a stress free and wonderful brunch for a group of 30 people. She even created a personalised menu with 'Mr and Mrs...' as the title, which made us feel special.

The dishes were creative, delicious and extremely good value for money. All meals were brought out at the same time due to the restaurant being highly organised. Kirsty even came in on her day off to make sure everything was going according to plan!

Yesterday we saw a couple of our guests for the first time since we returned from our honeymoon and they were still raving about the food at Fitzrovia!

Thank you Kirsty and the team for giving us a wonderful experience and memory associated with our wedding.

The only downside to this is that we now have to travel interstate to visit Fitzrovia! Fitzrovia you will see us next time we are in Melbourne.

Alana and Leszek.

3  Thank A_Ski09
Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

Amazing food for a low key little place. Service impeccable and great coffee. A good choice of wines for lunch. We enjoyed it so much we came back to grab takeaways for lunch while busy the next day.

2  Thank Barry S
Reviewed 28 September 2015

This is still the benchmark for breakfast in St Kilda and maybe broader Melbourne.
The Sweet Potato and caramelised onion fritter with poached eggs is sublime, the Gruyere cake is excellent and have the scrambled eggs if you want to see and taste how it should be done.
The only blemish is service can be brusque and sometimes icy cool - but I guess the end product keeps me going back.

1  Thank Burg3186
Paul J, Owner at Fitzrovia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

wow! I'm really sorry to hear about your breakfast experience. Marco & I are driven to make every experience at Fitzrovia the best, and take it really personally if we fall short of this.
Please allow me the opportunity to talk directly to you about your experience at hello@fitzrovia.com.au.
In any case, if there is anything I can do to remedy your experience, I would love the opportunity.
It's rare that we don't live up to guests expectations, however it does seem that we missed the mark that day.
Kind regards,