All reviews fitzroy street mini fridge late checkout easy access convenience melbourne tram
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

After a late night arrival we found the room smelt of mold due to a baby cot, a quick phone call to management solved the problem. We stayed the night and a full refund was given the next day. If it was not for the baby cot, the room would have been fine for 2 people. Overall the room was clean and tidy, nice warm shower and soft bed. Very close to night life, just down the street. Management was helpful and kind.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2016

We had a ground floor unit that smelt of rising damp causing problems with our breathing. We were told that this was unusual, however the cupboards and the carpet smelt heavily of it, making it extremely uncomfortable. Housekeeping put a dehumidifier in the room and scented oil sticks, but this did not help. The TV remote did not work and nothing was done after reporting it. The tv speaker had a vibration which made it extremely hard to understand. We were unable to access wifi. Very disappointed, not what we expected.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paula W
62Grey, Manager at Sixty Two on Grey, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Hi Paula. We apologise for the inconvenience of your first night at Sixty Two on Grey. We were unfortunately aware of the dampness issue which has been rectified. I am aware my staff did immediately replace the remote as soon as this was addressed and were able to upgrade you to another room which I believe you were very happy with. Once again we do apologise for any inconvenience and all matters have now being addressed and rectified.

Regards
Management
Sixty Two on Grey

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Neat, clean and quaint. Easy walking distance to public transport, restaurants, bars and the beach. Very safe to walk around at different times of day and night. I couldn't get signal for the wifi during my stay, the bar fridge didn't seem to be working properly and a little bit of noise from the plumbing (to be expected in and older property). But a big comfortable bed, plenty of blankets and linens and easy check in/check out. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed here last night! We arrived to Melbourne early & were allowed to check in early! The manager was lovely! It's an old building but it's clean and bathrooms renovated. Close to public transport! My husband said he was woken by the room next door but I didn't hear them overall it was great!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

My Mum, sister and self stayed here in April as part of our much awaited girls night away. What a disappointment it was.. it began with the self check in not working which was handled promptly over the phone by a staff member. We got to our room which was clean and comfortable but had to search for the third bed, we had booked for 3 adults yet could only see a queen size bed and a 2 seater couch which didn't fold out. We called the given number again asking if there had been a mistake in the booking and she informed me that there was no note to say we had booked for 3 (even though my email confirmed this) but we had been upgraded and told us that there was a roll out bed under the queen bed and linen in the cupboard for it. This 'roll out bed' was a piece of wood with a piece of foam on top. Being the youngest at 26 I offered to sleep on the piece of wood.. it was just as horrible to sleep on as we originally thought.
Several times during the night we were all woken to the sound of an awfully loud screaching noise which we worked out to be other guests shower water going through the pipes, then later by other guests talking and slamming doors down stairs.
I received an email asking for feedback from our stay which I included all of this information in and am still yet to get a reply 2 months later. A simple acknowledgment would have been appreciated at the least.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family