“Disappointing”
Review of Sixty Two on Grey

Sixty Two on Grey
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Reviewed 27 September 2015

The location and self check in and out process was excellent.

However, the room smelt of mould and there was dirty underwear underneath the bed.

The rooms are NOT sound proof, so when our neighbour upstairs decided to have a party and play loud music until 5am, this significantly ruined our weekend getaway.

Unfortunately I think this place relies on having 'good' people staying at this 'good' self serviced apartment in St Kilda.

Room Tip: don't stay at this place, find somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlexCanberraRPG

Reviewed 16 September 2015

We booked this hotel mainly because of the location and we liked the look on the web. There is no reception desk and the check-in email and directions seemed a bit daunting at first but the email arrived in plenty of time and the directions were very easy to follow. We had a car and were booked over the weekend so we didn't have to pay for parking which I think could have been a problem if we had stayed during the week. As it was we could park on the street for free.
The one-bedroom apartment we had was at the back of the hotel with a tiny balcony that overlooked a wall but the apartment was very nice and the amenities were great. Clean, quiet, modern, spacious and the tiny kitchenette was enough for us with only basic facilities. Wifi was included but in our apartment it was a bit slow but not enough to detract from our stay.
The big plus for us was the close proximity to some great eating places just down the road.St Kilda has great cafe/bistro style eateries, wonderful bakeries and we enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner all at local places. Trams are also a near walk away.
Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Sixty Two on Grey and i was delightfully surprised for the following reasons:
1) location was great as you are a close walk to Fitzroy Street and there is a Woolworths nearby and plenty of Cafes and restaurants to choose from;
2) tram stops are closeby which is very convenient;
3) my room was impeccably clean and amenities were perfect. Has cooktop, fridge, simple bathroom, desk if you need it, alarm radio, heater/aircon and my room (number 12) has a little balcony. Was great to step out of get fresh air without leaving room and most importantly a very comfortable bed;
4) booking process was simple. I called and booked. Service was very friendly and smooth process;
5) collection of keys was also easy as I received an email explaining the whole process. The email was very detailed and easy to understand;
6) i was pleasantly surprised as to how quiet it was considering the location is near a lot of busy intersections and streets. On Saturday night it was louder than the rest of the nights, but nothing uncomfortable and it is to be expected;
7) parking options were also thoroughly explained in the email. If you come during the week you have options of parking in a nearby car park. I didn't need to use the car park as I know the area and surrounding suburbs quite well so i parked (for the Friday) where i knew there was free and safe parking. Weekend parking on the street is free and there are ample car spots available;
8) there was plenty of space to store toiletries, food, drinks, clothing etc.
Overall, i was really happy with my stay and would definitely consider going back if needed in the future.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2015

Booked Sixty Two on Grey after reviewing numerous accommodation options around St Kilda, We Booked a one Bedroom Apartment ( we stayed in apartment 13) for 5 nights. On Booking it says to call to gain you access code to get your key to your apartment- since i had only booked a hour before we arrived on line, I called almost straight away. The lady i spoke with was very pleasant and found my booking and was able to organise a parking permit for us- for $5.00 a day- to allow parking in the permit zones- which are in the side streets, not right in front of the accommodation, which didn't bother us, as there are clearways both sides of the road in front of the apartments, so to park there you would be forever having to shift your car to avoid getting towed away.
Our apartment (no.13) had a lot of stair, but was right up the top with lots of natural light, open and airy. The Apartment had everything we needed, as we weren't planning on doing any serious cooking ' We were on Holidays'. So we only used the Coffee and tea making facilities. Modern Bathroom and Comfortable Bed. The only thing my Husband and I Passed comment on was the Air-conditoner was a bit noisy- I Turned it off at night. The laundry Facility was easy to access and the average cost of $3.00 i think it was a load.
I had read some review prior to booking about Grey street being a bit unsavoury… But even with the Crisis Centre and a few other low Budget and emergency accommodation options on this street, we didn't find it to be any different to any other street in and around St Kilda, I felt safe walking the two blocks from St kilda rd to the apartment at night time with my Husband- maybe not on my own- but that would be the same in any dark street at night. Overall the Accomodation is Fantastic value, in a great location being so close to a tram stop and only a easy walk to restaurants and facilities. We would stay again if heading to Melbourne.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs, then maybe ask for a ground floor apartment, We were in apartment 13.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2015

My partner and I headed to Melbourne for our one year anniversary in January and could not have been happier with our accommodation. Clean, tidy and the perfect size! Highly recommend. The self check in and check out system is also very simple. It is a simple 5 minute walk to the nearest tram stop and a leisurely 15 minute walk to St Kilda beach as well as walking distance to excellent restaurants and bars.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple