All reviews fitzroy street mini fridge late checkout easy access convenience melbourne tram
Reviewed 18 March 2015

Stayed 3nights very close to track quiet upstairs with small balcony. Room was small but for the price & proximity to race track it was adequate. Would'nt want to stay more than 2-3 nights though. Would stay there again for short time.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2015

Like most people I read the reviews on this place before making any sort of booking... Unfortunately I didn't read enough. I stayed there over the Melbourne F1 weekend in March. No issues with the convenience of the place, close to shops, transport and restaurants. The let-downs being mainly with the accomodation itself:
Shower had mould in the corners, which makes me question the frequency and throughness of the cleaning.
The bedspread and sheets were clean, but very worn and with bleach stains (not a very appealing look).
The toilet was constantly running and I had to turn off the water supply overnight to stop the trickling noise.
The appartments was not very sound proof, or maybe I just had loud obnoxious neighbours... But I was able to hear all of the sounds from the adjoining apartments.
All in all I left more tired and exhausted than when I arrived, which is not really what you're wanting in a get away...

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Mick J
Reviewed 2 March 2015

We needed somewhere near a function we were going to on Fitzroy St and this was a good location for that. The room was basic but adequate as we chose not to stay in a Hotel. The bed was comfortable and the shower hot. However, self check in and check out makes for a low "service" score. We were at the back of the building (possibly better for noise?) past several large smelly garbage bins - not very welcoming! Every window in the room was frosted so as not to see the very close neighbours. The step out balcony was depressing and as such unusable. Fine for a night or two ... don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2015

Not a bad place to stay, our room was quiet and comfortable, although it would have helped to have more than one lounge chair in the sitting area. Grey St is still a bit of a red-light district at night, so not great for anyone who might find the presence of the occasional streetwalker a problem. Also there are no onsite staff, which might bother some people.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2014

The self check-in was smooth. The apartment had everything you might need. It is in a very handy location. Only criticism there was large stain on the carpet in the living area and the bathroom door would not lock. We also felt uncomfortable sat in the court yard due to the close proximity of other apartments.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple