“The stuff of life”

Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Geelong
Melbourne, Australia
“The stuff of life”
Reviewed 3 December 2015

I've visited the bakehouse on half a dozen occasions, from a quick coffee - and irresistible pastry - to their magnificent sandwiches, baguettes and hot baked pies, Born and Bread is superlative!

The service is always snappy and I'm yet to leave the joint without a smile on my face...

• Visited November 2015

Melbourne, Australia
“Phone service”
Reviewed 11 November 2015

After reading such great reviews for this bakery, I was very disappointed that an arrangement was not available for my group of 10 for saturday morning. No menu was available to email so we could pre-select our food. The bakery did not want us to just turn up on Saturday because they would be too busy to serve us!

• Visited November 2015
6 Thank MarionSpinner
Geelong, Australia
“Fabulous bakery”
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Good coffee .. most important ! But also very yummy bakery food ... sandwiches, quiches and croissants. Becoming very popular for morning coffees and lunch take-aways.

Visited September 2015
Bellarine Peninsula
“Croissant Heaven”
Reviewed 24 October 2015

Being a huge fan of almond croissants, I have tried many of these over the years - and have to say that those from Born & Bread are up there with the best ever tasted. My partner votes their plain croissants as equal to the best he has tried in France.

This morning I was devastated to discover that almond croissant had all sold out - however tried the almond pane au chocolat. Oh wow, what a taste revelation - this was definitely a first rate back up!

I just cannot get enough of this bakery's products!

Visited October 2015
Jan Juc, Australia
“Amazeballs”
Reviewed 12 October 2015

Wow. I'm so excited that this place is in Geelong and makes the most amazing croissants I've eaten in Australia. Crisp outside, delectably soft and moist on the inside....pure, unadulterated bliss. I've also indulged in a couple of their treats, a lemon meringue & custard pie. Absolutely perfect.
I haven't eaten in....just grab take-away when I'm in town but the staff are lovely and helpful. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Visited October 2015