“Rambling in the You Yangs”

Geelong Adventure Specialists
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 13 October 2014

We took part in a Seniors special offer to walk a You Yangs track. Jeremy is a personable young man keen to share his knowledge of this very interesting area. He provided us with a yummy morning tea..which we partook of before our ramble. The track Jeremy chose for us was rough with some climbing but we all were able to cope easily. We enjoyed the whole experience really and would love to do more outdoor adventures with Jeremy.

Jeremy W, Owner at Geelong Adventure Specialists, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2014

Thanks for your kind words Pokiemax. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed it. For me there is nothing better than introducing a place I love to people. As I said to Frank below, I did a little write up on the day in our latest newsletter (GASbag monthly). This will also keep you informed of more opportunities like it. Send me an email (from the link above) if you’d like to receive it. I look forward to our next adventure. Regards Jeremy

Reviewed 13 October 2014

Jeremy provided a heavily discounted day trip to the You Yangs as part of Seniors Week. His assistance, patience, knowledge and friendly, supportive manner helped to make our 4.5 km moderate walk a most enjoyable experience. The morning tea provided by Jeremy followed up by lunch at Rod's Bakery made for a great all round day.

Thanks Frank, I’m so pleased you all had a great day. Personally I had a ball. I’m really looking forward to doing more of these walks. I did a little write up of the day in our latest newsletter. This will also keep you informed of more opportunities like it. Send me an email (from the link above) if you’d like to receive it. Regards Jeremy

Reviewed 6 October 2014

Jeremy is very knowledge about the sport and the location, and provides a professional service. Safety is paramount, yet there was the opportunity for a real challenge for the whole group.

Thanks Tim, It was so great of you to get your sisters out doing something different. It’s always great to hear I’ve met the needs and expectations of my clients. Thanks again!

Reviewed 9 September 2014

We had an awesome day mountain biking in the you yangs with GAS, thanks to Jeremy. With 5 rookies we started the day learning some of the basic techniques including do's and don'ts on the bike. After some beginner tracks we even ended up doing some nice hills and jumping. Great value for money, we ended up riding for an exhausting almost 30km (+- 3H). Pick up and delivery was included from Lara Station (we stay in Melbourne) we did not bring any lunch, but we got a ride to a nice bakery afterwards!

SeaShells501, Owner at Geelong Adventure Specialists, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Thanks Sander for your kind words. I absolutely had a blast spending the day with you all, doing something I love. It was great to be able to introduce five people to mountain biking and to see confidence levels grow throughout the day. I look forwards to you all coming back again soon, regards Jeremy

Reviewed 28 July 2014

With some first time rockclimbers in tow, Jeremy guided us on a fun filled, awe inspiring experience rock climbing at the Youies. We were up against the elements with the wind and rain but that didn't dampen our spirits. Highly recommend GAS who catered for all levels of climbing experience and highlighted the importance of Safety first.
Thanks Jeremy!

Thanks Yvette for the kind words. It’s always great to be able to take people visiting our region out on an adventure. After a delayed start with some typical Victorian weather it turned out to be a cracker of a day. With a range of climbing experience and abilities in the group it was great to be able to provide a challenge for all and to see you all really enjoy it. See you next time you pop down. Regards Jeremy