Review Highlights
Great tour

We had a great day touring the Great Ocean Road with Stuart. His local knowledge was impressive and... read more

Reviewed 4 February 2020
Brad W
Marrickville, Australia
Great Tour

The tour is just great, you see a lots of great things! And Stuart is just a great Tour guide with... read more

Reviewed 16 December 2019
BigLeo123

All reviews dominique portet healesville sanctuary ice creamery delicious lunch meat pie apollo bay great tour day tour the great ocean road stuart timboon zoo gorillas whales distillery apostles melbourne
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2019

We had an amazing experience with Stuart, our tour guide. He helped me plan our family tour which included my 12yo son who gets bored easily.
Started off in Melbourne at the Langham hotel, which was a great place to start as it was close to everything we wanted to see in the city. We went to the Melbourne Art Mueum and saw an amazing exhibit with Terra Cotta Warriors and the modern art of Cai Guo Qiang. We also hit the Aquarium which was pretty nice.
After that we were on the road. Stuart did a great job providing a balance between adult and kid activities. Healesville Sanctuary and Werribbee zoo were pretty amazing, especially watching the gorillas up close and personal working with the zoo keepers. All kinds of animals we had never encountered up close before. My son even had birds eating worms out of his hand.
During our travels, we had some visits to lovely wineries that provided a delicious lunch in addition to the wine tasting, Dominique Portet and Shadowfax were terrific. Had really lovely meals. My son was introduced to meat pies, which he was a big fan of. Loved taking the side trip to Timboon. What a cute little town. loved the ice creamery and the distillery. What nice and welcoming people.
Stuart also added a treetop obstacle course during the middle of our trip along the Great Ocean Road for my son.
Stuart also guided us to accommodations, which were spot on. Loved staying at the Yering Gorge cottages where you see kangaroos running around all around you and beautiful birds coming to our deck in the morning. Mansion Hotel and Chris's Restaurant and Villas were also really lovely with different vibes.
Of course the 12 Apostles were spectacular to see.
Stuart did an amazing job making sure we saw A LOT but also broke it up so we wouldn't be sitting in a car all day. Did short little hikes and activities. We stayed in 5 star hotels/ accommodations and had great meals, both of which was very important to me.
Kudos to Stuart and Go Roam Tours for making our trip to Australia so memorable.

Date of experience: June 2019
StuartR1866, Owner at Go Roam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2019

Thanks Jane
I"m glad you and your family enjoyed our week together cruising around Victoria.
I love showing people the beautiful places where I live; Great Ocean Road, Yarra Valley, 12 Apostles, London Bridge, Werribee Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary.
The animals are always a highlight for me. Platypus, Koalas, Kangaroos, Echidnas, Whales, Snakes, Cockatoos and up close with Gorillas! Amazing! And a bit stinky!
We were very lucky with the lovely sunny weather.
I hope to see you again soon.
Take care
Stuart

Reviewed 12 April 2019 via mobile

Great tasting
Great amount of time at each place
Passionate people about their produce product and service
Awesome quality thankyou

Date of experience: April 2019
StuartR1866, Owner at Go Roam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2019

Thanks for coming.
I learn something new every day.

Reviewed 11 January 2019

A big thanks to Stuart who seamlessly coordinated a tour of the Bellarine wineries for our staff Christmas function. Stuart was very friendly and professional providing us an enjoyable wine tour and lunch. He was flexible and patient and we highly recommend Go Roam Tours! From the team at Pivot Homes!

Date of experience: December 2018
StuartR1866, Owner at Go Roam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2019

Thanks Hayley. I hope you had a good break over Xmas and New year.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

We chose Go Roam for a vacation to Phillip Island for the amazing fairy penguin display then a couple of days on the Great Ocean Road. Stuart, our guide, was like a long lost cousin - he had many wonderful itinerary suggestions based on out timing and interests and really looked after us - he even baked cookies for the trip! He ensured that we left in time to miss the crowds each day and chose really fun, local dining spots which we thoroughly enjoyed.I don't know any other company or guide who would have delivered a carefree vacation, filled with everything that we asked for, including a night hike to see glow worms (which we did!). We saw the entire Great Ocean Road without the stress of driving and Stuart made great wildlife stops for the Americans. All along, Stewart told stories that were informative and entertaining. We just had a ball!!
I should point out that we were two couples, very different in ages but all of whom do not like "tours", but Stewart just made everyone's wish list come true! Can't wait to go on another Go Roam adventure! Don't choose another company or read more reviews, this is definitely the way to go!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank DenverJanine
StuartR1866, Owner at Go Roam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Thanks Janine. I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Stuart was absolutely fantastic. A very knowledgeable guide who went above and beyond to accommodate some extra requests we had like going at night to see glow worms near Apollo Bay. I can't recommend him enough.

Date of experience: August 2018

Thanks Jon. Glad you enjoyed the trip.