Review Highlights
Great tour

We had a great day touring the Great Ocean Road with Stuart. His local knowledge was impressive and... read more

Reviewed 4 February 2020
Brad W
Marrickville, Australia
Great Tour

The tour is just great, you see a lots of great things! And Stuart is just a great Tour guide with... read more

Reviewed 16 December 2019
BigLeo123

All reviews dominique portet healesville sanctuary ice creamery delicious lunch meat pie apollo bay great tour day tour the great ocean road stuart timboon zoo gorillas whales distillery apostles melbourne
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2018

We chose Go Roam for a vacation to Phillip Island for the amazing fairy penguin display then a couple of days on the Great Ocean Road. Stuart, our guide, was like a long lost cousin - he had many wonderful itinerary suggestions based on out timing and interests and really looked after us - he even baked cookies for the trip! He ensured that we left in time to miss the crowds each day and chose really fun, local dining spots which we thoroughly enjoyed.I don't know any other company or guide who would have delivered a carefree vacation, filled with everything that we asked for, including a night hike to see glow worms (which we did!). We saw the entire Great Ocean Road without the stress of driving and Stuart made great wildlife stops for the Americans. All along, Stewart told stories that were informative and entertaining. We just had a ball!!
I should point out that we were two couples, very different in ages but all of whom do not like "tours", but Stewart just made everyone's wish list come true! Can't wait to go on another Go Roam adventure! Don't choose another company or read more reviews, this is definitely the way to go!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank DenverJanine
StuartR1866, Owner at Go Roam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Thanks Janine. I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Stuart was absolutely fantastic. A very knowledgeable guide who went above and beyond to accommodate some extra requests we had like going at night to see glow worms near Apollo Bay. I can't recommend him enough.

Date of experience: August 2018

Thanks Jon. Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

So glad I took a friend's recommendation for this tour. Friendly guide, amazing wildlife and views. Stuart is the best!

Date of experience: July 2018
Stuart R, Owner at Go Roam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Awww shucks Sarah. Yeah, it's a great place to 'work'.
I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the whales, koalas, king parrots and even an echidna! Beautiful people and beautiful creatures.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My first time in Auz and I am not one for tours normally but this was well worth it. The bus was comfy and the tour organised well.Great group and I saw so much along the way and learnt so much from the informative and funny tour guide. It felt like I had known Stuart for years by the end of the trip and I was glad to make a good new friend.

Date of experience: June 2018
Stuart R, Owner at Go Roam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thanks Bill

Glad you liked the tour. I loved hearing about operating a tour bus in Mozambique.

Are you sure all those stories are true? Makes working in Oz seem like a dream.

Hope to see you in Panama one day.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The Great Ocean Road has been on my bucket list for many years and after finally making it down to Victoria,and with limited time, I thought joining a Go Roam tour would be the ideal way to see the sights with local knowledge and not miss a thing. It was a good decision. Tour guide Stuart was friendly and professional and knowledgeable. Our stops were perfectly thought out to take happy snaps of the breathtaking scenery, the pace of the tour was perfect and the local information Stuart shared with us throughout the day on the area and its wildlife was fascinating ( something you don't get with a self drive experience). Sadly we did not have time to join a Wine tour on this trip but I can highly recommend the Great Ocean Road day trip

Date of experience: May 2018
Stuart R, Owner at Go Roam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Glad you enjoyed it.

It was a fun day and we were lucky to see plenty of Koalas, King Parrots and even an Echidna!

Great weather for this time of year!

Hope to see you again soon.