Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, 31 May
Fully refundable before Sat, 1 June
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Judy21Australia
Keilor, Australia

Very good stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Nov 2023
Motel is well located and within easy walking distance of the port and paddle steamers. Room was well appointed with couch and chair and tables also microwave. Pool area was inviting and well maintained. Pity the restaurant was not open.
Date of stay: November 2023
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual contributor and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
AU$239
    AU$110
    AU$162
0.4 km from Mercure Port of Echuca
View more hotels in Echuca
All reviews room was large night's sleep walking distance pleasant stay the main road accor port motel attractions kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2023

We stayed here as part of a Cudo deal. On first entry to the property, I was expecting reception to be near the entrance, but it is located in the building at the other end of the carpark. Not really a problem just an observation, and there was plenty of signs to tell you where to go.
On arriving at reception, I asked the person at reception if they had my booking and was promptly told “I am on the phone”. Ok no phone in hand its hard to tell. A few minutes went by and another lady served me. As I was a bit early, she booked me in and asked me to return at 2pm which was ok by me.
On return, I obtained our key cards and proceeded to our room.
Room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a lounge which a lot of rooms these days don’t have. No complaint with the room or the furniture.
As part of our deal, we had a bottle of wine and two breakfast packs waiting for us. There was supposed to be some vouchers as well, but no sign of them in the room.
That night, my wife proceeded to have a shower and she could not get the pump packs of soap and conditioner to work in the shower. On inspection, I could not get the dispensers to work at all, so we reverted to our own soap etc which we aways carry just in case. The next day the maintenance man came and asked if we had a globe blown, to which I answered no, but I mentioned to him about the soap dispensers and he said they always play up and quickly replaced them.
On return to our room in the afternoon the room was serviced, however the breakfast packs we were supposed to have were not present. On asking for them at reception I had to show my paperwork to prove we were supposed to have them provided. No mention of the vouchers. I did however change the white wine for a red without complaint.
I really don’t have any complaint with the hotel itself. It was clean, quiet, safe, well located, plenty of parking and safe, however the walls were a bit thin. My problem is that the staff did not appear to have any knowledge of the deal I had purchased and I know they had the paperwork because it was attached to my check-in paperwork. If they had just read the paperwork as I checked in it was all there for them to see.
PS. I didn’t ask for the vouchers as we never intended to use them, partly due to the weather and no interest in the electric pushbikes.
I expect a bit more from hotels with the Mecure name.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Radarz
Reviewed 2 July 2023 via mobile

This Motel we feel is very overrated. The outside looks great but the inside not that flash!
There were no complimentary biscuits, no tissues!. This was a very first for us, and believe me we stayed in many hotels/motels!suites.
Shower was from the ceiling. Not a fan! The sheet were dirty yak!!

Room tip: We wouldn’t stay there again!
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rene K
Peter Dunster, General Manager at Mercure Port of Echuca, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2023

Hi Rene, thankyou for your feedback. Complimentary biscuits and fruit are available at reception at the desk where you check in. Tissues can also be found in the bathroom. The rainfall showers we believe are a beautiful modern addition to our bathrooms. We will look into the sheets as our laundry come from a brand new linen company so this should not be an issue.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 March 2023

The BBQ area and pool are still good and the rooms are clean but overall it was not as good as it was. Our group of cricketers tried unsuccessfully to secure the rooms we have had for 5 years. The rooms we received lacked the spa, armchairs, clothes lines etc. And we paid $30 per night more. The bar are restaurant were not open at all during our 6 day stay, if ever. It might be time to try elsewhere.

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Thomas_Hor
Reviewed 29 December 2022 via mobile

The room given to us can fit even a family of 4 - spaceous and has a kitchenette. Well cleaned and very much true to what it says as a "non-smoking room". The location of this hotel is a few minute walk to the town centre, which makes it beneficial to travelers like us that rely either on foot or use of public transportation. Check-in and check-out were easy. But when it comes to reception assistance at night, it was difficult as no personnel to ask for. This was "maybe" the timing of our visit - travelling was just started after the long on/off due-to-covid lockdown.

Happy to come back and stay here again in the future.

Room tip: There is a parking availability and bring your swimming gears if you like to take a dip.
Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2022 via mobile

This is by no means the jewel in the Mercure crown, but thanks to the extreme hospitality, warmth and attention to detail of the lovely lady at reception, we were able to forgive this slightly aged property, a multitude of sins!
The property is old, but comfortable enough and well located. The town has just suffered from flooding and need their much valued tourists back. So just go there!!!!

Date of stay: December 2022