“Back again better than ever”
other travellers have booked this property
Entrance To Barbret Lake Lounge with log burner
2nd Bedroom
Shower room
Lake view
View from cabin doors
View from front gate end
Children's playground
Play Caravan
Children's play caravan
BBQ and Firepit area
Relax by the solar heated pool
30lb 40oz carp
Caught June 2017
37lb 12oz Carp caught November 2017
Caught March 2017
Baby Catfish at 24lb 3oz
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
tony j
hertfordshire
“Back again better than ever”
Reviewed 6 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Since I came last year hosts Barry and Kim have added a swimming pool and decking area around the pool which my wife and kids loved, left me to dp more fishing which was excellent again breaking my own pb with 33 pound 5 oz mirror, had 6 other 20 plus carp...what a place I had the whole lake to myself and had great advice when I asked from Barry.
I love this place the lodge is beautiful, clean and comfortable. ...already booked for next year....Top tip treat yourself to one of Kims breakfasts they are lovely....

HEIDI C
Essex, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 29 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Upon arrival we were greeted by Barry and Kim and Rosie the dog, who made us very welcome. The log cabin was spotless, and we soon felt at home. Couldn't believe we had the place to ourselves, with use of a swimming pool (which we certainly made use of ), a hot tub, quad bike and go kart ( which pleased my teenage son) . Not forgetting the huge fishing lake !
Fantastic place to relax and unwind, we will definitely be returning, thank you Barry and Kim for an amazing holiday ! Molly the dog loved it too .

Travelling group: Other
Peter K
Machynlleth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic venue, even better than expected!”
Reviewed 12 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

We have just returned from a 10 day break at Barbret Lake and can honestly say it was thoroughly enjoyable. There was certainly plenty to do, both on the immaculately presented location, and in the near vicinity. On site, there was everything required and much more, the cabin had all we needed and the BBQ provided tasty evening meals. Our own private swimming pool was a real bonus and a treat.

I must add that Barbret Lake is a paradise for those with children although all those wonderful facilities were not needed by us. The fishing was of a very high quality for an exclusive lake, and many happy hours were spent gazing at all the wildlife (including kingfishers) whilst waiting for that "special bite". We have stayed in several similar French properties; Barbret exceeded them all and then some!

There are several towns with interesting chateaus that are well worth visiting within a half hour drive, with excellent (and very reasonably priced) restaurants in each.

Kim and Barry are excellent hosts and I cannot imagine anyone having anything but a brilliant holiday at their wonderful oasis.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall quality.
Liked least: Coming home.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Michael22...
Harwich, United Kingdom
“Barbret Lake Fantastic Venue.”
Reviewed 11 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Well where does one start with this fantastic venue!

The host's Barry and Kim are fabulous and aim to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, nothing appears to much trouble.

The venue is awesome, all you could ask for. Barry has spent tireless hours in making the lake as fisherman friendly as possible, whilst also keeping the appearance and surroundings as nature intended.
There is no weed and apart from the lilies, it is snag free. The fish in the lake are stunning and in perfect condition. I've fished for many years and can see how passionate Barry is about the fish's wellbeing, again a testament to an owner who understands what's required for the well being of the lakes stock.

The accommodation is of a high standard, the log cabin has everything you could ask for.
The sleeping accommodation is laid out with 2 rooms, one with 2 singles and the other with bunk beds. The beds were clean and aired on our arrival and to say they were comfy would be an understatement. There is also a bed settee in the lounge area which could accommodate further guests if required. The kitchen area is clean and well equipped with cooker, fridge, microwave and all cooking utensils required. Again all the items were clean and ready to use on our arrival along with tea towels and cleaning aids.

The bathroom has toilet hand basin and shower again clean and in top condition, please note towels are provided, however if you intend using the swimming pool you must bring your own towels.

The lounge area has 2 comfortable wing backed arm chairs with a small wood burning stove along with the bed sofa. There is Sky TV along with a range of books to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, in addition free WIFI.
The lounge is so so perfect with its double doors which gave uninterrupted views over the lake and overall a comfy place to chill out.

The outside area is stunning, it has a elevated swimming pool, hot tub and a fabulous play area if you are bringing children along, with a caravan which the hosts have designed as a play area for the kids. Barry and Kim are in the process of adding further attractions to keep the kids occupied table tennis and other items to follow. There is a further caravan should additional guests wish to stay and Barry and Kim will provide details to any enquires you may have.

Me being me, didn't read the website prior to travelling,d myself and my friend opted to bring our own food and sundries. However on arrival we noted that not only will they provide meal's as in cooked breakfast and dinners they also supplies drinks and anything else you require, so again make enquiries at time of booking, I'm fairly certain the food and other items will be on the same standard as the rest of the site.

The fishing
Alas due to work commitments, I only was able to stay at the venue for 4 days, to say I was gutted when leaving would be an understatement. Whilst the fishing was a challenge at times, the lake produces if you put the effort in. Barry was always available and willing to assist and advise when required . I had numerous fish and to note 3 immaculate fish which ranged in the mid twenties along with some bream and tench. Barry is able to supply boilies and a range of particle baits and pellets should you require them, again just ask and they will provide.

Point to note! Rosie the Miniature Yorkie will make her daily visits to ensure the fishing goes well, a dear little dog who is a fisher mans dream dog, I wanted to bring her home with me.

Barry and Kim you made our stay memorable to say the least, I didn't say a big goodbye as I will be returning so as they say in Essex

Laters !! Mick

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fishing
Liked least: Nothing it was all fabulous
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
JennyStar...
“Amazing place, amazing people, amazing experience!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Having not been on a holiday like this before I was a little bit wary, but can honestly say I had a lovely holiday and to my suprise I actually enjoyed fishing!!! My partner had been before with his friends and loved it so much he wanted to go back !!
We caught a few big fish and the lake and fish are kept immaculate.
Barry and Kim are the perfect hosts and the food is pretty tasty too!!!!
Thankyou both for a fantastic holiday , see you again next year!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing