Lowest prices for your stay
Mercure
No prepayment needed
Fully refundable before Thu, 29 Feb
Fully refundable before Fri, 1 Mar
No prepayment needed
Get rewarded with One Key
1,779 results
All reviews rooms are small hospital grounds art series hotel coffee pods room size car park short stay an overnight stay town centre artwork cafe quirky pantry bed balcony stools studio
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 November 2023

We spent 3 nights at the hotel which I had booked largely on the basis of the Mercure brand.
The room we had (which seemed a very typical one) was very small, with a very small balcony (wouldn't accommodate more than two).
Breakfast was not the usual buffet: you ordered what you wanted at a counter next to reception, and they brought you the food.
Nothing wrong with that, in principle, but we could see orders at the pass waiting for waiter service - waiting too long.
By the time we were served the food & drinks were just tepid!
Positive note: Free parking.
However, I would not book here again when next visiting Bendigo (great town!).

Room tip: Try to find an hotel with larger rooms...
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2023 via mobile

Being a former Art Series Hotel, the overall design of this property is fairly eclectic. The rooms are on the small side, however are cleverly packed with all the typical room features such as desk space and a coffee pod machine and even a tiny balcony for fresh air. Breakfast was quite good. Staff did their job efficiently without anything standing out. In the past, as an Accor member, and upgrade, discount, late checkout or gift was organised but not here.

Room tip: The location is a bit tricky as within the health precinct, so check maps before arriving
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2023 via mobile

The entire hotel was clean and tidy - love the art around the place. Rooms were great. Clean and exactly what was needed for a 3 day stay, beds were comfortable and rooms were to standard most if all everything was clean and tidy. The rooms weren't exactly spacious but enough as we got 2 interconnecting rooms for 3 people which was good. And enjoyed our stay. Bathrooms were clean which is a must and that was great too.
Cafe/restaurant wasn't the best. But standard. We decided to order room service on our first night and the food was great. Second morning breakfast wasn't the best, could have been better. Great coffee and great easy location.
Overall it was good.

Room tip: Parking always available Easy location In the middle of the city of Bendigo so you are close to basically everything
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mercure Bendigo Schaller, Guest Services / Front Office at Mercure Bendigo Schaller, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2023

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as highly as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best Wishes, Hotel Manager, Faiz Rashid.

Reviewed 17 August 2023

In all my years of travelling i have never stayed in a smaller room It was no bigger than other hotels bathrooms No way value for money room was nearly $200.00 should be more like $90 No room service you had to come down and take your meal up to your room !!

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank DARREN E

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Bendigo Schaller. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Our rooms are compact and measure 19 m² / 204 sq ft. displayed online and, the rooms are very functional, designed to make you feel welcoming and luxe. For your future stay, please select and book our Superior room for a bit more space. The superior room is made of a standard room and an interconnecting room that is set up as a lounge. Here is a walk view link for our Superior Room: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=UnCj8m4QBP6. Our pricing is dynamic and is affected by demand, occupancy and local events if any. Unfortunately, we do not have room service available and I hope that you enjoyed the food from the Cafe. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Bendigo. Best Wishes, Hotel Manager, Faiz Rashid.

Reviewed 17 August 2023

Paid for 2 nights in a Superior room, as advertised on their website: Soundproof doors and Soundproof Room.
The road noise through the balcony sliding doors was like camping next to an airport runway. After our first night I spoke to their manager on the phone as he was at home, he couldn't care less and said "You must be a light sleeper!", I said I wanted to be moved to the other side of the building and he told me they didn't have that type of room on that side of the building, so I said I wanted to check out early. He then told me "We have a no cancellation policy" in which he charged me for 2 night's stay! $720 it cost me for 1 nights' accommodation plus I had to find another hotel for the next night, I highly recommend Quality Lakes Hotel Bendigo which is so quiet.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank ShaunM863