Lowest prices for your stay
Mercure
DARREN E
Corinella, Australia
Extremely disappointing and overpriced
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Aug 2023
In all my years of travelling i have never stayed in a smaller room It was no bigger than other hotels bathrooms No way value for money room was nearly $200.00 should be more like $90 No room service you had to come down and take your meal up to your room !!
Date of stay: August 2023Trip type: Travelled on business
    AU$173
8.7 km from Mercure Bendigo Schaller
View more hotels in Bendigo
1,780 results
All reviews rooms are small hospital grounds art series hotel coffee pods room size car park short stay an overnight stay town centre artwork cafe quirky pantry bed balcony stools studio
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2023

Paid for 2 nights in a Superior room, as advertised on their website: Soundproof doors and Soundproof Room.
The road noise through the balcony sliding doors was like camping next to an airport runway. After our first night I spoke to their manager on the phone as he was at home, he couldn't care less and said "You must be a light sleeper!", I said I wanted to be moved to the other side of the building and he told me they didn't have that type of room on that side of the building, so I said I wanted to check out early. He then told me "We have a no cancellation policy" in which he charged me for 2 night's stay! $720 it cost me for 1 nights' accommodation plus I had to find another hotel for the next night, I highly recommend Quality Lakes Hotel Bendigo which is so quiet.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank ShaunM863
Reviewed 26 July 2023 via mobile

Will absolutely be back again. 2 ladies at reception were very welcoming. The room was small, but cozy. Didn’t need a big room anyway. Shower was awesome and heavy flow. Towels weren’t scratchy or had a weird texture like a lot of motels do. The bed was actually super comfy, would still recommend own pillow, but theirs was just fine. The complimentary products smelt nice and felt nice on skin. The rooms were quiet and easy to get to sleep. The window blinds do tap on the frames if the aircon fan is up too high. Really loved my stay here.

Room tip: Parking can be difficult, but there’s an overflow parking nearby also.
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Mercure Bendigo Schaller, Guest Services / Front Office at Mercure Bendigo Schaller, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2023

The team here at Mercure Bendigo is delighted to receive such great feedback, thank you. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best Wishes, Hotel Manager, Faiz Rashid.

Reviewed 5 July 2023 via mobile

The rooms are cosy. Small veranda. Big TV. Books on the wall + lots of art. Best TV ever great air-conditioner. Good lighting, automatic coffee machine blackout. Curtains. Lots of power points. And even lotion in the shower. Very friendly staff

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as highly as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best Wishes, Hotel Manager, Faiz Rashid.

Reviewed 5 July 2023

I had stayed at the Mercure Bendigo Schaller some years ago (2020) so enjoyed the opportunity of staying here again for two nights in June 2023.

I love the modern, almost funky, ambience of this place with its art on its sleeve at every turn. The rooms are small, but very modern, clean and well-designed, as are the bathrooms. I slept extremely well and enjoyed this return visit.

The staff were very friendly, kind and helpful, and parking was plentiful (and free). The breakfast options were absolutely fine, and the coffee excellent. Unlike my earlier visit (when there was a buffet breakfast) the breakfast service is now ordered at the counter from a menu, but the service when I was there was quick and I had no complaints at all about the food.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes, Hotel Manager, Faiz Rashid.

Reviewed 4 June 2023 via mobile

Fun and well appointed hotel with mostly excellent service. Unfortunately, the breakfast menu was inflexible and we had to find an alternative Cafe. As a person sensitive to egg yolk I was unable to persuade the kitchen to do fried egg whites or scrambled egg whites.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We are happy to see that you had an amazing experience at Mercure Bendigo. Thanks for sharing. I am terribly sorry to hear about your breakfast experience. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Bendigo and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Best Wishes, Hotel Manager, Faiz Rashid.