“Don't bother- very rude host” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bendigo Backpackers

Bendigo Backpackers
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't bother- very rude host”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Can relate to Teresa M's comments after having a similar experience. I also was confronted with a rude and unprofessional host who raised his voice at me and was not very understanding at all. I wouldn't even bother with this hostel, there are so many more professional and friendly establishments in Bendigo.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Keller_JK_

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Things have certainly changed at Bendigo Backpackers, and NOT for the better. I made a booking through booking.com for Sat 5 Nov 2011 for myself (a 67-y-o woman) and my 13-y-o granddaughter back in September. I rang on 3 Nov and Graham told me he had never received my booking. He shouted and swore and told me that booking.com was 'a load of [--]'. I rang customer service at booking.com and they confirmed a) that I had made the booking and b) that they had received an e-mail from Graham confirming that he had received the booking. Long story short, my granddaughter and I arrived on 5 Nov to find the smoke alarm blaring throughout the house. Graham shouted and swore at me again, this time in front of my 13-y-o granddaughter, and accused me of 'sabotaging' his alarm system. I told him I did not smoke and had not done anything to his alarm system he called me a liar. He continued shouting and swearing at us until my granddaughter (who was terrified) ran out of the house in tears. We moved to a motel and will never go back to Bendigo Backpackers, and I would advise others not to patronise it either.

Room Tip: No tips - do not go there,
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Teresa M

Travellers are raving about these Bendigo hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2004

We have friends from interstate looking to stay in Bendigo from Easter for a few days. Their request a 'cheap and homely hostelery' Our e-mail request to Buzza was answered promptly and a reservation made. By comparison with some ***** establishments we've attempted to book with recently, in capital cities, you'd be hard pressed to find more obliging or helpful people. Well done Buzza! Bendigo has needed a decent Backpackers for years -you've taken the plunge and deserve the praise! Best wishes Penny and Cled Davies

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member