Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Explore738475

Very Disappointing

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Feb 2023
This hotel is not based on providing a service they are based on solely financial outcomes at the detriment of their customers. I suggest avoiding this hotel and there are many other great options in Bendigo.
Date of stay: February 2023
3.4 km from Quality Hotel Lakeside
  • StayForLong
2.7 km from Quality Hotel Lakeside
View more hotels in Bendigo
All reviews new section pool area car park away from the road great position stay there again comfortable bed long weekend one bedroom apartment plenty of parking stayed one night single bed convenient location main road motel rear couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2022

We booked this hotel based on good reviews here but we might have booked the wrong room type as the courtyard room is quite rundown. The front part of the building is very modern, check in was a breeze.

However, the courtyard room is actually ‘motel’ type room that has low ceiling. We were greeted with a ceiling lamp with 2 daylight bulb and 1 warm white bulb. They can’t even replace the the same colour light bulbs for one lamp.

The room was for 1 queen bed and 1 single bed, however, the single bed is actually a rollaway bed which is not so comfy. There is a leftover bottle under bed, not sure how long it has been sitting there. The train tracks are right behind our room, very noisy in the morning as you can imagine. The worst is the plumbing of the toilet, we can not get the right water temperature, because no matter how we adjust the tap, the water temperature is either too hot or too cold.

We stayed in three different hotels during our trip to Bendigo as we can’t book consecutive nights due to long weekend. This is the worst among the three. We paid around $185 for this room, really not value for money.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank wenc915
Reviewed 29 September 2022

We booked through WOTIF where the rooms were advertised with pictures of the lovely, clean new hotel. This is NOT the case.

When we arrived, we were pointed to the back of the hotel, through the carpark to an old, run down motel behind the hotel.

When we got to our room, I received an email from reception that they had charged me for the room I was staying in, even though I had already paid so they were processing a refund. When I looked up the rate of the room I was charged for, it was the rate for the king executive suite in the hotel as advertised on Wotif and their own website.

I questioned this and asked to be moved to which I was told that the room I booked was in the

Room tip: Ask if you are staying in a dodgy motel or the hotel they advertise
Date of stay: September 2022
1  Thank davidvY3148UN
Reviewed 13 September 2022 via mobile

I have been a loyal customer ever since the hotel opened… I would stay on a regular basis over many years & every single time I stayed there mistakes made! They have done everything from process my credit card without authority, to not adding my choice points every stay & me having to chase them myself, to charging me extra on my bills, to forgetting to rebook me in! The staff & management are incompetent & when I was upset with not being booked in the last time I rolled up, which I always do before I leave my previous stay, they told me they were booked out & couldn’t help me! I complained & asked to speak to the manager, the manager spoke to me & said they would find out what had happened tomorrow & get back to me… After not receiving any form of contact back from the manager for several days I called to find out what was going on & the manager proceeded to tell me that she had spoken with the owner & I was banned from ever coming back! What a massive insult as in the end they are the ones that had always made all the mistakes & were not prepared to make it right! It has been over one month now & the owner of the business hasn’t even had the decency to contact me to discuss the situation! You think as a loyal consistent customer since the hotel opened they would want to make amends, but no! This is the exact problem with customer service & looking after loyal customers these days, there is NONE! What ever happened to great customer service?!
I am glad they have banned me because I will happily never stay there again & would strongly suggest to anyone else reading this review to stay at another hotel in Bendigo! There are plenty of better hotels that provide much better customer service & actually care about their customers…

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank S5782WBscottt
Reviewed 21 August 2022 via mobile

Fantastic stay! We booked a King room in the new section and found it to be clean and very spacious. Very quiet, room, amazing shower and very comfortable bed! Now I’m one who is never comfortable in any bed besides my own so this was a huge plus for me. The room was also dark in the morning which I love for a little sleep in. Nice location across from the lake and only a short distances to shops and restaurants etc will stay again if we ever revisit Bendigo

Room tip: Parking was great!
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2022

Last stay here I was up the back row of rooms parallel with the train track and didn't enjoy it. This time they put me in the main building on the second floor, so the room was far newer and no train noises to worry about. Only thing I didn't like was the door between two rooms, as next door it sounded like several young people were having a get together/small party, as very noisy! Otherwise the room was very spacious, clean and fine as was. Plenty of parking around, looked like enough for every room, which was better than some other accommodations I have stayed at in Bendigo. Restaurant was closed at the time due to covid, so not even room service available, but some local takeaways still delivered instead. There was no breakfast available at the time, either, due to covid. I would consider staying here again, but not in a room near the train track!!

Room tip: Avoid the rooms close to the train track, very noisy & no sound proofing.
Date of stay: September 2021