“Friendly staff”

Bendigo Lakeview Motor Inn
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Bendigo
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I stay in Bendigo often, and when I do I always stay here, Ben and Amber are great, very friendly and helpful.
The Restaurant Quills is very handy as its on premises and you can even have the food sent to your room.
The Motel is going under renovations but don't let that stop you from staying here, but when it has all finished it will make it the best in Bendigo.

Room Tip: All rooms a re good but I try to get a double just seems to be a bit bigger.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay.
Owners are very polite and helpful.
Just on the outskirts of town but still a walkable distance or there is a tram stop nearby. There is also a Restaurant on site and across the road a beautiful lake and another restaurant with an atm.
The rooms are clean and spacious with very comfortable beds! Room service was on time and our breakfasts were delicious and hot! Outdoors there is a heated pool and spa also a bbq area. Over Easter Bendigo has its huge festival. We saw lots of it, and I would definitely go back there again but maybe stay longer.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Too start with, the directions as to how to find the place were so incorrect, they took us right through to Epsom, (right outside the town of Bendigo). We went approximately 7klms out of our way. This was from the motel's own instructions. They said, and I have it in print, GPS - use 286 Midland Highway despite the actual address being 286 Napier Street. Great, we ended up in the industrial area. Upon finally reaching the motel, I informed the receptionist of the error in their instructions, well, she could not have cared less. Don't think she even listed to me. I repeated the issue and suggested it be corrected for future travellers, no reaction. I also informed her that the room rate was now $19.00 less than when we booked and given we were sent on a wild goose chase, could they match today's price. Just a flat no, was the response. By this stage, I'm pretty unhappy. Then when paying upfront for the accommodation, I am told there is a surcharge for MasterCard and Visa as well as Amex. Nowhere on any website is this stated. Just a total rip off. Amex okay, but the others, no. The accommodation was pokey, very small room, only one electric blanket, despite booking a twin room, (nice when the temperature gets down to 6 degrees!) Why not told only one bed had electric blanket? Another point worth mentioning, I dropped a necklace behind the bed, so pulling the bed away from the wall it was obvious the cleaners do not dust or vacuum here. Top dollar paid for this!! The beds are hard and uncomfortable, but the linen was beautifully clean and crisp. Also miscellaneous hair in the channel of the shower recess! Pretty yucky!! The menu for the restaurant is expensive, $14.00 for a continental breakfast, toast, cereal and tea/coffee. The cooked breakfast was eaten by a couple of fellow travellers but not enjoyed and very costly. And finally, when I tried to log into the WiFi, I had no login details. Upon ringing reception, I was greeted with, 'well, didn't you get a card!'. If I had a card with the login details I would not be ringing. Finally onto WiFi and it just was such a poor connection, I switched to my mobile hot spot. This motel was one big disappointment from start to finish. My advice, is STAY ELSEWHERE.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet, except when a freight train comes, but only short term noise.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2017

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights, reception was friendly and helpful, rooms were clean. Great layout of motel rooms all opening on to a large grassed courtyard with the pool in the middle, most rooms have a entrance door from the car park and also a door opening onto the courtyard. Lots of tables and chairs scattered around the courtyard. We enjoyed our stay. Motel is about to under go some major renovations. We did not use the restaurant. Did use the BBQs which are in need of upgrading.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This is a really nice, clean and modern motel. It makes a nice change from all the brown decor of a lot of Victorian regional motels. All the mod cons - great shower and a spa bath!
It is one of the nicest I've stayed in and wish every other town had one of these.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business