Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2019

I booked our two bedroom cottage via TripAdvisor as it stated there was Breakfast included. After being transferred to Booking.com it stated breakfast was an extra $20 each person and queried with Ravenswood and was told we needed to pay for breakfast.
I asked re the info on TripAdvisor and was then emailed saying our breakfast would be free.
Even the sign at their front gate says B&B, but apparently it’s only a B now.
We dropped our luggage at 3 pm and our rooms were freezing. The friendly owner said she had recently turned the wall heater on so we left.
Arriving back at 8.30 pm the room was so cold I walked to reception and asked for another heater. The ladies came back with another heater which helped ( the one small wall heater was never going to be enough for 2 bedrooms, separate toilet and separate bathroom. I also requested more blankets ( none in cupboard). Only one of the two beds had an electric blanket. As I then had to choose between the electric blanket on or bedside light so I was offered a double adapter that never came.
It wasn’t helpful to be told that when their kids say they are cold they tell them to put another jumper on. I would be warm enough at home in my jumper and jacket.
After getting into bed until the room warmed up enough to shower, I showered in the very cold bathroom.
Wifi was advertised but there is none. I tried to call the phone number on my mobile but it was disconnected. I emailed, no response. Gave up and went to sleep.
The bed was comfortable.
Next morning the breakfast basket was lovely, nice cereal, beautiful bread, yummy jam, etc.
But no crockery or cutlery. No toaster ( you have to leave the cottage and go to a communal kitchen)
So we ate our cereal from our cups and spread our bread with a teaspoon.
I was really looking forward to our stay. Love old places but the expectation these days is warmth in winter, breakfast at a B&B, wifi if advertised and utensils to eat your breakfast. For $240 a night I expect better.
And a reply to both my emails sent from the property because there was no phone available would be considered good manners and good business .

Room tip: I could not see air conditioning either so check before you book during summer and winter
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2019

Had a 2-night stay for the Easter bank holiday. Lovely and tranquil location, just off the highway which you can't see or hear at all, at a very convenient distance from Bendigo.

Nadine and Simon (and children...and some extra family and friends....and dogs) made us very welcome, which included inviting our two young boys and the other guest children to take part in their Easter egg hunt. They also got to collect real eggs from the resident chickens. The boys loved the carefree rural environment.

Room was cleab, comfy and quiet. The house and accommodation is all from 1860s so solid thick walls and high ceilings, so a lot of charm and feeling and style of days gone by. The room was nice and cool inside despite the rather unseasonably warm April weather. Period brass beds were very comfortable. Tv and bar fridge were a welcome addition. Had a nice dip in the solar heated pool too.

Breakfast was nice and adequate, had in the old servant's kitchen on a table shared with other guests so nice and friendly.

Overall, a nice relaxing weekend!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2019 via mobile

Very disappointed. Poor place was very run down. No bar fridge, milk was kept in a draw. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone at the going price. I know there’s a drought but chipping away weeds & a good rake would make more appealing

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2018

This homestead is nothing short of sensational! Gorgeous grounds renovated beautifully and kept with the time era. Host are great couple although I think have now sold. The quarters we stayed in great bed comfy and heating made a very cold night lovely.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Our son was married on 1 st September in Bendigo. Three related families and a grandma stayed. The hosts were excellent and very thoughtful. It was lovely to gather in the large historic dining room in front of a roaring fire and walk amidst the pastures, lambs, jonquils and daffodils. It was level and easy for walking. The ambience was historic and stately but warm. We all can’t wait to go back. Thank you so very much for a special family time.

Date of stay: September 2018