Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Agoda.com
AU$124
Multiple ways to pay
All reviews wine bar view street beautiful heritage building off street parking upstairs room high ceilings within walking distance stay there again a great place to stay rooms are small comfortable bed maisonette bank accommodation gallery heating
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2021

Old and tired. It was called fountain view and we were looking at the car park and air conditioners. The carpet and shelving was filthy and stained and room service very slack. Didn’t even replace the pillows on the bed from the floor.
Great location but needs some love and money spent on it!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2020

My wife & I stayed two nights in the 100 year old accommodation quarters during February & found the hotel very quiet & very comfortable. The accommodation area is at the back of the building meaning no noise despite the building being on a busy street. The front section of the building houses a restaurant, a bar area for casual drinks & a well stocked cellar those eating at the restaurant can purchase from at a discount. The Allawah is also centrally situated to the main shopping centre of Bendigo. We thoroughly enjoyed our two days there.

Room tip: Upstairs at the rear of the building
Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank J2250HYdavidk
Markjcoffey, Owner at Allawah Bendigo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2020

Thanks for your review, I hope we see you back again soon and maybe next time we’ll get a five star rating

Reviewed 17 January 2020 via mobile

We checked in as per the instructions- although it's metered parking outside it is fine to stop long enough to check in. Our room was in Fountains Court opposite with allocated parking. We were on the top floor - a long way to carry the cases so if this is likely to be a problem make sure you specify a lower floor. The room was well equipped with a comfortable bed and good shower. It was well lit - rather hot even when the temperature outside fell but the air con worked well. Extremely good location - walking distance to all the main sites and restaurants. Recommended!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2019

Stayed for 1 night and while the room is nice, small and perfect for 1, bit cramped for 2, I would not stay again for the following reasons:

1. You have to find a car park on a busy street to then go to a Wine Bar to collect your keys. All the parking is metered and hence you have to pay for the 5 min while you collect your keys.
2. The Wine Bar is not easy to find as signage is small. Would have loved a BIG sign saying Allawah Bendigo so you could see it, had to drive around the block a few times looking for the Wine Bar and parking which lead to much frustration. I ended up calling and was told to look for the black umbrellas. There were black umbrellas on both sides of the street.
3. When I arrived at 1.15pm I was told that old hotel favourite "your room isn't ready until 2pm". I really just wanted a key as I wasn't going to be back from a meeting until gone 9pm and didn't want to be roving around trying to get in late at night. As a single female traveller, safety and security in a strange town is a constant concern.
4. Lighting in the car park is poor to non-existent. When I arrived back at the room at 9.30pm I had to retrieve my bag from the car in the car park and their was a male walking around in the car park who may have been entirely friendly but it is 9.30pm and their is no lighting and I am by myself. I did not feel safe.
5. The rooms are situated between the Wine Bar and the Toilets. This means I had another hour or so of people walking past outside my room heading to the facilities. They were loud, alcohol was involved and they had no care for the fact someone might have been trying to sleep.
6. Black out blinds. Please install them. They are a basic of any good night sleep. I didn't appreciate being woken with the sun. I didn't need to turn a light on to get ready in the morning, nor did I need to pull the blinds.
7. Somewhere to sit in the room and somewhere to put a bag would be great as well. There is only the bed or the floor or a small desk in the corner and to get to it you have to slide between the bed, the fireplace & dodge the fire surround.

Room tip: Great if arriving by taxi or outside of normal trading hours as the street is busy & paid parking
Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Markjcoffey, Owner at Allawah Bendigo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2019

Thanks for reviewing Allawah. You chose to stay in the Maisonettes, which are our entry level and priced accordingly. If you were to read other reviews you would see that our guests are very happy with the maisonettes, maybe you should have chosen one of our larger suites.
See below answers from 1 to 6
1) included with your accommodation is free on site car parking
2) wine Bank is a large building at 45 View street as shown on your confirmation.
3) check in is at 2pm as stated on your confirmation. We gave you a key at 1.15 pm
4) there is lighting in the car park and as it is a guests car park I would suggest the man you saw was a guest.
5) we do have signs in place to ask patrons to respect sleeping guests, if this didn’t happen I do apologise.
6) the Maisonettes have been in operation for 15 years, I can’t recall anyone requesting blockout blinds. I will look into this.
7) The Building that the Maisonettes occupy was built 120 yrs ago, it is an A classified building with the National trust.
The size of the room Can’t be changed.
I think Fountain View Suites would be better for you next time you stay with Allawah.

Reviewed 13 December 2019

Came to see the the latest exhibition at the Bendigo Museum & decided to make a weekend of it, lovely convenient hotel with friendly, helpful service, really enjoyed the the traditional Victorian room with the 4 poster bed, a nice change from all the minimal & flat pack hotel rooms these days

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Voyager812783

Thanks for taking the time to review Allawah. We are very proud of Bendigo, what it has to offer and the accommodation we provide. Reading complimentary reviews like this make it a whole lot easier to do what we do.
I hope we see you back again soon.