Lowest prices for your stay
AU$136
Fully refundable before Sat, 1 June
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Nicola B

Nice room in a great location

Review of Allawah Bendigo
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Jan 2020via mobile
We checked in as per the instructions- although it's metered parking outside it is fine to stop long enough to check in. Our room was in Fountains Court opposite with allocated parking. We were on the top floor - a long way to carry the cases so if this is likely to be a problem make sure you specify a lower floor. The room was well equipped with a comfortable bed and good shower. It was well lit - rather hot even when the temperature outside fell but the air con worked well. Extremely good location - walking distance to all the main sites and restaurants. Recommended!
Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AU$149
  • Expedia.com
    AU$148
4.8 km from Allawah Bendigo
View more hotels in Bendigo
All reviews wine bar view street beautiful heritage building off street parking upstairs room high ceilings within walking distance stay there again a great place to stay rooms are small comfortable bed maisonette bank accommodation gallery heating
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 December 2019

Stayed for 1 night and while the room is nice, small and perfect for 1, bit cramped for 2, I would not stay again for the following reasons:

1. You have to find a car park on a busy street to then go to a Wine Bar to collect your keys. All the parking is metered and hence you have to pay for the 5 min while you collect your keys.
2. The Wine Bar is not easy to find as signage is small. Would have loved a BIG sign saying Allawah Bendigo so you could see it, had to drive around the block a few times looking for the Wine Bar and parking which lead to much frustration. I ended up calling and was told to look for the black umbrellas. There were black umbrellas on both sides of the street.
3. When I arrived at 1.15pm I was told that old hotel favourite "your room isn't ready until 2pm". I really just wanted a key as I wasn't going to be back from a meeting until gone 9pm and didn't want to be roving around trying to get in late at night. As a single female traveller, safety and security in a strange town is a constant concern.
4. Lighting in the car park is poor to non-existent. When I arrived back at the room at 9.30pm I had to retrieve my bag from the car in the car park and their was a male walking around in the car park who may have been entirely friendly but it is 9.30pm and their is no lighting and I am by myself. I did not feel safe.
5. The rooms are situated between the Wine Bar and the Toilets. This means I had another hour or so of people walking past outside my room heading to the facilities. They were loud, alcohol was involved and they had no care for the fact someone might have been trying to sleep.
6. Black out blinds. Please install them. They are a basic of any good night sleep. I didn't appreciate being woken with the sun. I didn't need to turn a light on to get ready in the morning, nor did I need to pull the blinds.
7. Somewhere to sit in the room and somewhere to put a bag would be great as well. There is only the bed or the floor or a small desk in the corner and to get to it you have to slide between the bed, the fireplace & dodge the fire surround.

Room tip: Great if arriving by taxi or outside of normal trading hours as the street is busy & paid parking
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Markjcoffey, Owner at Allawah Bendigo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2019

Thanks for reviewing Allawah. You chose to stay in the Maisonettes, which are our entry level and priced accordingly. If you were to read other reviews you would see that our guests are very happy with the maisonettes, maybe you should have chosen one of our larger suites.
See below answers from 1 to 6
1) included with your accommodation is free on site car parking
2) wine Bank is a large building at 45 View street as shown on your confirmation.
3) check in is at 2pm as stated on your confirmation. We gave you a key at 1.15 pm
4) there is lighting in the car park and as it is a guests car park I would suggest the man you saw was a guest.
5) we do have signs in place to ask patrons to respect sleeping guests, if this didn’t happen I do apologise.
6) the Maisonettes have been in operation for 15 years, I can’t recall anyone requesting blockout blinds. I will look into this.
7) The Building that the Maisonettes occupy was built 120 yrs ago, it is an A classified building with the National trust.
The size of the room Can’t be changed.
I think Fountain View Suites would be better for you next time you stay with Allawah.

Reviewed 13 December 2019

Came to see the the latest exhibition at the Bendigo Museum & decided to make a weekend of it, lovely convenient hotel with friendly, helpful service, really enjoyed the the traditional Victorian room with the 4 poster bed, a nice change from all the minimal & flat pack hotel rooms these days

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Voyager812783

Thanks for taking the time to review Allawah. We are very proud of Bendigo, what it has to offer and the accommodation we provide. Reading complimentary reviews like this make it a whole lot easier to do what we do.
I hope we see you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2019

Having been to Bendigo numerous times for day trips, we decided to stay for a little while longer. Allawah Bendigo totally lived up to our expectations! The room was clean, spacious, tidy, full of all the required amenities, close to all the attractions and there was a wine cellar practically outside our doorstep!
There was adequate linen and towels and both the bathroom and kitchenette were spotless!
It was great having our coffee out on the deck in the mornings,
The hotel staff were cheerful and friendly and were so welcoming!
I can truly say that we will be recommending these accommodations to our family and friends in the future!

Room tip: Our room was south facing which meant the morning sun was a welcoming sight as we drank our coffee on the balcony.
Date of stay: December 2019

Thanks for taking the time to review Allawah. I’m glad you decided to stay and see what Bendigo has to offer and that our accommodation is worth recommending.
I hope we see you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2019

What a pleasant surprise once we were shown to our room!

Everything was so compact, clean, neat and cosy! Not only was everything in our room working, but the accommodation was quiet at night and we were able to get a great night's sleep after an exhausting day of taking in all the sights!

The bathroom facilities were amazing including a massaging shower head!

We would definitely recommend these accommodations!

Room tip: Definitely try the maisonettes! They're compact and comfortable! And the Wine Bank has an amazing selection of wines!
Date of stay: December 2019
Markjcoffey, Owner at Allawah Bendigo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2019

Thanks for taking the time to review Allawah. It’s great to read how much you appreciated what we Have to offer and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2019

Great place to stay in Bendigo and right on View Street. Walking distance to the Theatre, Art Gallery and restaurants. The service and accomodation is second to none. Appartments are really comfortable, clean and beautiful to stay in. For friends and guests coming to visit me in Bendigo I always book them in to these rooms and apartments through the Wine Bank as I know they will be extremely well looked after.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Markjcoffey, Owner at Allawah Bendigo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Thanks for taking the time to review Allawah and recommending us to your friends, we will keep up the good work and hopefully see many of your friends for years to come.