“Not worth the trip”

Ranked #63 of 67 things to do in Ballarat
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

This place is currently under development and there isn't much to see. Don't bother making an effort.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

This building and entire area surrounding it could be a fantastic hub in the centre of our city if only the city council could begin to think in these circumstances for the good of our tourist industry. As a regular traveller throughout Victoria, Australia and overseas , I am constantly embarrassed that a major city with our history does NOT have even a reasonable Information Centre !. This is an appalling situation. Some smaller towns in Victoria offer amazing facilities. ..huge building which includes information, films, gift shop, toilets etc...sometimes a small coffee shop with light refreshments. THEN ... the grounds surrounding. ...ample parking for cars, camper vans, caravans, motor homes. ..grassed areas with trees, benches and tables for travelers to rest and relax awhile. Space for children to run , play and stretch their legs after being cooped up inside a vehicle. ....oh I could go on and on. Another thought is the possibility of perhaps basic accommodation for back packers with showers as this area is close to our main railway station. I have often spoken with backpackers arriving in Ballarat and for heavens sake ...where do they go for information !!!!! Ballarat , get your act together, raise your standards and show what we can do in this beautiful city I sooooo love.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

It is still a pity that the council cant move forward. It is ugly and unkept. Only used for caravan info centre. Used on weeknights for Soup bus for Ballarat homeless.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

I'm an old man. Sure the place has nostalgic memories of good times past, but these have faded as has the building.

It was built in the 50's when cash was hard to come by. It has had wasted on it god knows how much on speculative plans for more than 10 years. Acoustically, it was not good. I suspect the concrete floor was not good for dancers' feet.

The noisy minority have maintained it so far. I say demolish it as soon as possible and get on with remaking a vital area of the city