All reviewsservice stationroom was cleankitchen facilitiesindoor heated poolfull kitchenwould stay againapartmentmelbourne24hrlaundrysoapbonus
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Service was good and accommodating. Continental breakfast was nicely presented and delivered to room. We paid $316 for a 3 bedroom Villa (cabin) and it was freezing cold despite having the split cycle heater on full force, and I had to make up the bunk beds for my kids which I didn't appreciate after a long day out and about. Villa is well set out with two bathrooms and lots of sleeping options but it was not worth $316 a night by far. And the floor was dusty and dirty, we put our shoes back on because our socks were getting too dirty. Its noisy too being located right next to the highway and the Villa we had was closest to the road.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of motel would be quieter but they don't fit a family of 5. Bit far out of town too.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Colonial Motor ... B, Front Office Manager at Ballarat Colonial Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We have portable heaters to accommodate those extra cold winters nights, I apologise that reception staff did not deliver this to your room had they known you required one.
I will look into the reason your floor was not mopped properly as this is a requirement of all our cleaning staff.
Very pleased you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast basket.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I booked through a website seeing that it was very cheap for an overnight stay in Ballarat. It’s situated a little out of the city centre so we had to drive out for dinner.

Our twin share room was on the small side.
Beds were ok, DVD Player on request was available but not automatically in room.
Bathroom was clean but nothing fancy and basic toiletries are supplied (soap, shampoo and conditioner). Spa bath with shower over head (unsure if jets worked or not as we didn’t check). Heater took a while to warm up but once it started up, it definitely kept the room cosy. The pool located on premise would have seen better days but looking past that, it was heated.

Disappointing factor,the coffee hadn’t been replenished.. Not that it’s a complete deal breaker, but not great to not have the option in the morning. The caddy that stores this was also pretty dirty. Noise levels overnight were a bit much for us.
Overall it’s just a cheap stay.

Stayed: June 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback.
Reception staff are available 24 hours to assist in all guests concerns, including coffee :) I do apologise for this as I personally cant function without my morning coffee :) I will address this with our cleaners.
We are currently heavily looking over all avenues to increase the property to maximum comfort, so thank you for all these points.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Comfortable room, spacious and warm. Old style air-con was noisy, but heated well. Laundry for guests and indoor heated pool a bonus. Non water saver showerhead and spa bath need updating or removal as bathroom door opened onto toilet. Three faults, no wine glasses, no toaster and freezer in fridge needs urgent defrosting. Good value and just out of town.

Room Tip: Most are positioned ok.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are currently renovating our rooms with these ones next on the list :) I will have a look into all our freezers as they were all defrosted only 3 weeks ago and no toaster? That's quite strange as all rooms contain one. I hope reception staff were able to supply a replacement to your room straight away.
Thank you again for your time to review us.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Good location except the gps took as to another Motel quite a common problem we are told. Room was large a comfy but had a hard time longing in to the auto key system. There were cobwebs on the ceiling and the rubbish bin was full . Only stayed 1 night on the way to melbourne.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your honest feedback. I apologise that the Checkinn system wasn't as easy as it should have been for you and the bin was forgotten. I have spoken to the cleaner who prepared your room and they apologise immensely.
We hope to make it up to you on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We arrived late and it was easy to get our keys from the 'key box'. The room was clean. Our beds were comfortable but the pillows were very flat! Due to our timing, we didn't meet any staff. We left before the office opened. There were no worries with leaving our keys in the 'key return' box.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very pleased to hear you had a smooth check in and departure with us even though we were unfortunate to meet you in person. I hope you found the spare pillows in the cupboard to help you have a better night sleep and you travelled home safely.