An interesting place, not the best in the world but we'd definitely return if we were out this way again. The room was very comfortable, plenty of space with a nice bathroom. Ceilings are very high - it's almost like being in a cube! Filtered water in the fridge is a nice touch. Breakfast is ok - relatively small choice, but it's all tasty and fresh.
Downsides - there's no parking, so you're out at 9am to feed a meter. That said, it's $1.20 per hour, so not a big expense and it encouraged us to be out doing things instead of lazing the day away. The wifi was a bit weak, but that may have just been our room location, I never tried downstairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ansonia on Lydiard ia a B&B style Hotel set in a heritage building in the heart of Ballarat. A unique & tranquil setting suited to couples friends & corporate travellers. This property isn't suited to children under 8 yrs walking distance to restaurants,gallery's,shops,theatre/cinema perfect central location Guest lounge,open fire,sunny Atrium.Central to all tourist attractions in Ballarat ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Ansonia on Lydiard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ansonia On Lydiard Ballarat
- The Ansonia On Lydiard Ballarat, Victoria