See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Having never been to Launceston I had no idea about this place. Star rating seemed okay for the price.

In small print when I booked it said can not gaurentee quiet rooms.

This “hotel” has to be the worst place I have ever stayed. The milk for coffee/tea expired a year ago. There is nothing to wash the plates with and the room is NEVER serviced.

The bar downstiars is loud. But that’s not the issue. The issue is that the dorm accomodation plays techno at decibels that I’ve never even heard in night clubs. And absolutely no staff are contactable or willing to resolve the issue.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Don’t stay here if you are a tourist and want to rest. You will get none. And it will ruin your experience of Tasmania.

I don’t often swear. But. THIS PLACE CAN GET FU*KED

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Came here with a group of friends, ordered a parmy and it came out with the chicken raw in the middle, staff were friendly about this and did not charge us for the dish but there were other mistakes made with our meals as well for example our order of chips was forgotten and the chicken risotto came out without chicken. Meals were over priced for what they were. Have always enjoyed star bar here but was very disappointed in this experience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We arrived after finding the Thai restaurant nearby closed (Monday). The bar staff were very welcoming. We shared pork ribs and slaw. The accompanying chips were very good, crunchy and hot, the way I love them. The sloe gin (a Tasmanian gin) was beautiful. Next time I’ll have it straight, no ice!
We were looked after completely.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed on a Wednesday night. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. I didn't have any issues with noise. Room was basic, very clean and good value. Location was right in the midst of Launceston.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Thank Sarah .
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Pokey, incredibly noisy, cold, poorly lit, and worn out. The power points are bizarrely placed so that if you want to boil water in the kettle provided you can't do that job anywhere else than the bathroom - which is actually dangerous. As for the noise, the pub is directly below and open at one end of the building to upstairs so that you can hear people retching on their excessive booze as well as yelling and heavy music. The stairs are poorly lit. My friend in his 70s fell down the stairs because he couldn't see properly. Fortunately he wasn't hurt, which was just as well. As for the cold rooms, the heating facility isn't properly maintained. We changed rooms because the heater in the first room didn't work. Yes, it's cheap and convenient to town, but it isn't worth staying there. On a positive note, there is free wifi and the staff are friendly, albeit not terrible efficient.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple