All reviews bedroom apartment great location city park third floor small balcony stay there again walked everywhere easy walk hot water staff were very helpful cataract gorge central location accommodation cbd microwave tasmania balconies
Reviewed 26 September 2016

We stayed there for three nights in September. We had booked a spa suite but on our request they agreed to change to a studio without any extras.

The kitchen is small but very well built so convenient to use. Liked the view form the room (we were on the first floor). There is a lift. there is enough parking place and the location is very nice.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I may seem a little picky by only giving a 3star rating but my reasons for this is...
I am not keen on toilet and bathroom in one. Not very pleasant taking a spa when partner needs to use toilet. The drive way is steep and with cars parked on each side of carpark makes at a little awkward to try get out of parking space. Canvas artwork on wall although I dont mind it to much it looks like it been done by my 2yo. The view is Ok. N the room is clean n tidy. Coffee tea n sugar is supplied. Bedding is also clean n tidy but with a sheet on top of the doona as a cover. It was comfortable. Staff were friendly but I was not impressed to find the same room online cheaper than calling them. Yet was told that $110 for queen room was the best they could do. (I should of checked before booking)
One nights stay is required when booking.
Then when we arrived Friday we were also hit with $100 deposit witch was not mentioned on the phone call. I didn't mind too much and I do understand that some people trash rooms ect but I do feel that we should of been told as if we hadn't had the money we would of been stuck with no where to stay n still been out of pocket for the one nights stay.
Can think of nicer places to stay that are honest n upfront. As a once off it OK but don't think we would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2016

This hotel is located on the side of a hill with parking at the rear. It is a 4 storey complex with the 4th floor being private residence. It has an elevator that is old but functional.
Whilst in the hotel and luckily the last night, the occupants of the top level for about an hour, continually dragged furniture or pushed a chair across the floor, which was very annoying. The biggest disappointment was, whilst staying there, I had damage done to my vehicle due to inconsiderate people and the fact that the distance between car spaces was and is minimal. The hotel Tarif was very reasonable and recommended to us by the Tourist Information Centre in the CBD.

Room tip: Preferably on the second floor. The 3rd is suseptible to noise from top floor and ground floor rooms open up to the car park.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Great location, friendly and helpful reception staff, fast check in, clean amenities, older style rooms but I would not pay any more than $100 for it. It was the location and views that was an attraction.Within walking distance to city park and city. On a very steep hilly road, so take care manouvering your car. I suppose views come with hills. Parking is on site and free, ample parking available.I booked through booking .com and requested late check out which was not an issue.Good access to 3rd floor room via lift. Room has a balcony overlooking the city and beyond. Reading reviews by previous visitors who stated credit card taken for pre approved $10 debit. This is a common practise in most accomadation for security deposit in case of damage and for me it was not an issue
Negative was the smell when I entered the room, stale cooking smell as this was an older styple self contained studio room. I had to leave doors open to eliminate the smell. Aroma Reeds in room did not help either.
The bathroom is clean though outdated. There was a big box like structure in room which was not appealing.
For overnight stay it is good place and I would stay there if the price was reasonable.
I found the location really quiet and the bed was really comfortable. Could do with a few more powerpoints near beds for electronic devices
My room was on 3rd floor room 31

Room tip: Rooms facing city park have good views with balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We book through Lastminute a 2 bedroom apartment. Booking asked you how many people is staying in each room. Our surprise was at our arrival when receptions gave us 2 set of key as we have booked 2 apartments. Lack of service had few stages:
1. The day before I've called the hotel to advise we were 4 people and not 3 as per booking not just they were going to charge me extra for that person but hotel manager did not mention about 2 apartments neither ask me which of the apartments I was going to accommodate that extra person.
2. When I was able to communicate with lastminute they call her to try to cancel one of the bookings and Tracey refused it. I understand about cancellation policies and was happy to pay extra for it.
3. Clearly, hotel manger mention is not the first time that this situation happen which make me think about how confusing is booking system and how hotels prefer to loose a customer for life than $220.
4. We offer to pay extra for cancellation but Tracey, the hotel manger at the time refused.
5. Wifi did not work at all
6. Hotel manager at the time of arrival has no clue about places or restaurants, or things to do while you are in Launceston. She just give you a map.

My advise if you decided to go there is to contact them directly. Book an apartment on second floor and above and be prepare for noisy cars in the middle of the night.

On a positive note the place is clean and not far from mayor shops.

Date of stay: August 2016