All reviews bedroom apartment great location third floor small balcony spa suite long weekend walked everywhere stay there again easy walk hot water staff were very helpful cataract gorge accommodation cbd microwave balconies tasmania
Reviewed 14 September 2016

This hotel is located on the side of a hill with parking at the rear. It is a 4 storey complex with the 4th floor being private residence. It has an elevator that is old but functional.
Whilst in the hotel and luckily the last night, the occupants of the top level for about an hour, continually dragged furniture or pushed a chair across the floor, which was very annoying. The biggest disappointment was, whilst staying there, I had damage done to my vehicle due to inconsiderate people and the fact that the distance between car spaces was and is minimal. The hotel Tarif was very reasonable and recommended to us by the Tourist Information Centre in the CBD.

Room tip: Preferably on the second floor. The 3rd is suseptible to noise from top floor and ground floor rooms open up to the car park.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Great location, friendly and helpful reception staff, fast check in, clean amenities, older style rooms but I would not pay any more than $100 for it. It was the location and views that was an attraction.Within walking distance to city park and city. On a very steep hilly road, so take care manouvering your car. I suppose views come with hills. Parking is on site and free, ample parking available.I booked through booking .com and requested late check out which was not an issue.Good access to 3rd floor room via lift. Room has a balcony overlooking the city and beyond. Reading reviews by previous visitors who stated credit card taken for pre approved $10 debit. This is a common practise in most accomadation for security deposit in case of damage and for me it was not an issue
Negative was the smell when I entered the room, stale cooking smell as this was an older styple self contained studio room. I had to leave doors open to eliminate the smell. Aroma Reeds in room did not help either.
The bathroom is clean though outdated. There was a big box like structure in room which was not appealing.
For overnight stay it is good place and I would stay there if the price was reasonable.
I found the location really quiet and the bed was really comfortable. Could do with a few more powerpoints near beds for electronic devices
My room was on 3rd floor room 31

Room tip: Rooms facing city park have good views with balcony
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We book through Lastminute a 2 bedroom apartment. Booking asked you how many people is staying in each room. Our surprise was at our arrival when receptions gave us 2 set of key as we have booked 2 apartments. Lack of service had few stages:
1. The day before I've called the hotel to advise we were 4 people and not 3 as per booking not just they were going to charge me extra for that person but hotel manager did not mention about 2 apartments neither ask me which of the apartments I was going to accommodate that extra person.
2. When I was able to communicate with lastminute they call her to try to cancel one of the bookings and Tracey refused it. I understand about cancellation policies and was happy to pay extra for it.
3. Clearly, hotel manger mention is not the first time that this situation happen which make me think about how confusing is booking system and how hotels prefer to loose a customer for life than $220.
4. We offer to pay extra for cancellation but Tracey, the hotel manger at the time refused.
5. Wifi did not work at all
6. Hotel manager at the time of arrival has no clue about places or restaurants, or things to do while you are in Launceston. She just give you a map.

My advise if you decided to go there is to contact them directly. Book an apartment on second floor and above and be prepare for noisy cars in the middle of the night.

On a positive note the place is clean and not far from mayor shops.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Came over for a family function.
Hadn't heard a great deal about this place, now I know why. Maybe I should have read reviews or called the hotel direct; but it was a last minute decision to come over.

Upon entering reception it was cold and uninviting, had to wait awhile for the receptionist, I told her I had a booking and it was fully paid for. She slaps a piece of paper on the desk and says "read through this and sign".
Then she asks for a credit card, in no way was I informed during my booking process was I told it would cost me an extra $50 for the night, and that it would take up to 4 days for that money to be deposited back to me. What a cheek.

I get given my key and all she said lift to your side and go up.

Upon entering the room it was bleak and cold and smelly.

You dont expect 5 stars for 3 stars but for $115 for the night you expect cleanliness.
As you can see from the photos it is not very clean.
There should be no excuse for hair left what are the cleaners really doing.

And a room having tea and coffee making facilities you should not have to supply your own milk.

It is below 3 stars and I would not recommend this place at all.

First place I have traveled and stayed at without a hello to paying guests.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1978boofle
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

I don't understand where the 4 star rating comes from for this establishment.
The place itself is easy to get to with plenty of parking for cars. That's probably the best thing I can say about the place overall however.
Upon arrival (after a long drive from the lower east coast) we were coolly greeted by the person on reception. From here, we were informed that "breakfast" (a small pack of sample cereal, milk etc) would be $10 per person and wifi was paid. When booking this accommodation it was stated that breakfast and 500mb Wifi was included. This may be an oversight on the third party booking page, but still leaves a sour taste.

Our room was on ground floor and was a spa suite. The room itself is very small and in dire need of an update- the pictures online do not reflect the room booked.

There is a door with a small bolt that upon opening is the entrance to the next room with a wedge of foam put between as "soundproofing". This is not only unsafe but certainly doesn't soundproof anything.
There is mould on the bathroom roof and tiles; a quarter roll of toilet paper on the holder, hair in the "cleaned and flushed" spa and dirt on the floor. We did not use the spa once the hair was discovered so kind of a waste of room.
Luckily we are only here for a night until our flight home.

Date of stay: May 2016