Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Get rewarded with One Key
Wendy K
Queensland, Australia

Great location & room

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Dec 2023via mobile
Our room was at the front of hotel overlooking City Park (top of Brisbane St) and we stayed for four nights. Be mindful when booking that there’s also rooms behind car park that don’t look as appealing (maybe these are cheaper). Free ample car parking behind & beside which can get quite busy on a weekend.

Easy walking distance into CBD & mall (10-15mins), made even more pleasant if you go through the park which is just beautiful (& has a conservatory full of ferns & orchids plus a snow monkey enclosure- all free). Great room with a very comfortable king size bed and extra pillows in wardrobe. Nicely renovated bathroom with fantastic shower, though lighting in room to put on makeup etc has a bit to be desired. The room had a desk and a very comfortable recliner and footstool that was great to sit in and admire the views from the huge window. Ironing board & iron in cupboard. Bar fridge stocked with stuff that never got very cold but was sufficient for storing some extra items of ours. Housekeeping made up room every day and only left extra towels etc when they thought were required which was fine by us. We never ate in the restaurant but had a drink there one night, which was pleasant but they seem to close quite early (8.30-9pm).

There was some confusion with our booking on check in (& frustratingly that continued over our stay) due to us booking through Lastminute.com and then having to move the booking by a day due to cancelled flights. Despite this & the fact we kept getting our room card cancelled it really didn’t taint the end experience as the rate, location, free parking and room made up for it. Yes, we’d stay here again.
Date of stay: December 2023
Room Tip: Pay a little bit more and get a room at the front of hotel.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • Booking.com
    AU$183
6.6 km from Hotel Launceston
View more hotels in Launceston
All reviews city park titanium bar beautiful park comfy bed bistro
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 December 2023 via mobile

I was confused as I walked up a set of stairs to discover my hotel room was in the section behind the main hotel itself.

As I jumped into my room, it had the feeling of a highway motel with the small layout of the room and one of the walls being a window. It provided little sound barrier as I could hear people chatting as they walked by my room or stood outside to have a smoke.

The bathroom was great. Neely renovated and nice.

The bed was a little uncomfortable and the pillows were far too dense for my particular tastes.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2023 via mobile

Love the Complimentary and Ample Parking Space

The location of the hotel is about 10-15 mins walk to the main city centre, considered a good location and the City Park is just opposite the hotel.

The hotel is divided into a few blocks, if you have big luggage, make sure you find out the block before you start lugging your luggage as the lift only serve the front building, not those at the back.

The room is small compared to some other hotels with similar pricing. Seems some of the rooms have just been renovated and at the moment, the facade is covered by scarffolding and we missed the entrance to the carpark.

Complimentary parking is a good gesture and this makes the stay convenient and pleasant without breaking a hole in your pocket.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2023

Pros: The receptionists were friendly and willing to help. The bathroom was spacious. A purple pen was provided in our room so that I could write my postcard,which was good.

Cons: I can't believe that the overall Google star rating of this hotel is 4.3/5 which is definitely overrated! I should have read the negative reviews from Tripadvisor before my stay at this hotel!
I have no idea how often the housekeepers clean the rooms and change the bed sheets/linens but the carpet in our room DO need a deep clean(to vacuum)! Or at least they should vacuum the carpet more often. I could always feel some fleas/bugs jumping on my feet and legs every night. I tried to ignore them but unfortunately I had flea bites! This made me feel itchy and painful! Please see the photo below. On top of that, the wall light switches were covered with dust.
It's funny that the hotel restaurant (Titanium Bar and Bistro) isn't open at lunchtime. What if the hotel guests feel hungry and want to have a proper lunch?
The pillows were incredibly high,which wasn't comfy. The fixed showerhead was quite inconvenient - I prefer a hand shower. Dental kits and slippers weren't provided. We had to go to a supermarket to buy them and it took us 10 minutes to get there. Our room faced the car park so we were woken up by the noise (may be a rubbish truck) very early in the morning.
I attempted to leave the review on Google but unfortunately it was deleted.

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank I_survived1314
Reviewed 13 January 2023

Pros: The bed was so incredibly comfy, the highlight of the room. Location was great, walking distance to the heart of town and lovely to walk through city park and see the macaques.
Cons: The hotel is very outdated. The bathroom was not as pictured, had a shower over the bath and no fan, just a dirty vent. The room was too dark, not enough lighting and because the room faced the car park no natural light if you want to maintain privacy.

Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank luv2Travel604
Reviewed 28 January 2022

Nice hotel in great location opposite beautiful park.
Room was spacious and had recent refurbishment.
Breakfast was good and all the staff were extremely friendly.
Will stay again when next in Launceston.

Date of stay: January 2022
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Cjbchgf